599 PADDLE | FerrariChat

599 PADDLE

Discussion in '612/599' started by ginoBBi512, Jul 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Had a chance to talk to a couple of "old men " in a 599 on Wed, well the owner was in the passenger seat and said that he had sport cats on the car, and I cant remember what exhaust he had, but it sounded like crap, it just didnt have the V12 sound that I have heard say, in a Lambo v12 or and older Ferrari V12,or like in an F50, it was a nerve racking crackling ugly sound, I asked the geezer driver to do a burnout, the owner reached over and made an adjustment on the steering wheel, but to no avail , the car could not even spin the back wheels, THESE CARS ARE BORING PERIOD. Thats my opinion, I can have more fun in a 30 year old Ferrari than anything on offer from them these days, I took a look and a listen at that machine, and I was not impressed. A 355 manual or a TestaRossa would be the last Ferrari I would ever own,( if I would be able to afford a TR ) or an F40 / F50 , which Im pretty sure I would never be able to afford, even with the successful business that I own. WIth all that being said an 08 Gallardo is in my not to distant future .

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    No comment but I think you showed “your youth”

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Definatly won't be doing a "brunout" in a Gallardo either. Cool cars, but overall they turn into junk pretty fast.

A 599 will indeed spin the tires into next week if you know how to do it. You wanna do smoke shows, american muscle is the choice for you. Mustang perhaps? Just watch the curbs exiting the car shows. They have tenancy to jump out at the worst time.

VPX and Fireman1291 like this.
  4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #4 ginoBBi512, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Im 55 lol But I look 35 , with that being said, what would be the reason why manufacturers make cars with incredibly high horsepower and sell them to the public ? ( I know that might be a loaded quesiton because most high HP car owners will never actually use that power and or have the skill either ) On various forums I see posters shun when someone actually uses the HP for a little law fracturing now and again. These guys were across from one of my shops in an industrial area, so was it really immature to ask them to do a burnout ? Just playing devils advocate. In any case the 599 was not anything to rave about . It would have been really cool just to see the guy get at least a little sideways when he dropped the gas peddle , maybe a nice little drift up to the next street .

5. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I have not looked into the reliability of the Gallardos, my friend has a Murcielago, and I have not heard anything go wrong with it, but then again, hes an older guy who leaves it in the garage most of the time. I would have thought Audi, who owns Lambo, would engineer a high level of quality in them, I guess I need to join the Lambo forum and get some what looks like much needed info, thanks for the warning.

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm too old for this. And your older then me so you say. Buy what you like and enjoy.

kes7u likes this.
  7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The has been put together by someone with the mentality of a 12 year old. Period. End of story.

kes7u, RedTaxi and tbakowsky like this.
  8. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    A FerrariV12 will always sound better than an Audi V10...

9. LitzDoc

LitzDoc Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
  10. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Has 89' 328 and talks about burnouts...

lol. How about starting with keeping up with Mom's flooring it in their minivans..

11. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    No troll here just posting about my few minutes talking to a couple of guys in a newer Ferrari We all have our own opinions and we could agree to disagree without the insults. PS I have heard plenty of Gallardos and R8s and they sound so much better than whatever this guy had for an exhaust .And yes, a Ferrari V12 will sound better than an Audi V10, it just depends on which V12 we are talking about. The V12s that Ferrari used to campaign in F1 are to this day UNMATCHED by anything this world has ever known. Have a nice day PS my neighbor who is a CNC manufacturing guru has a friend with a GT3 , it is also a Paddle , he did a 100 ft burnout on the same street which seemed effortless not that this means anything. Its cool to see non American " muscle car " get loose now and again thats all .

Thank you

12. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You need a Ricer with a big fart muffler, some phony forgiveness insurance and a set of chrome wheels that do exactly nothing for the performance of yo thang. Go out there and ruin both car and tires and, if you don't kill yourself first, come back and talk sense.

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  13. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    thats too funny lol

Thank you

14. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    What is this obsession with burnouts and semi-exotics? If you are going to flog a car, get a muscle car. /endthread