430 - F430 F1 hose/line | FerrariChat

430 F430 F1 hose/line

Discussion in '360/430' started by TomAZ, Jul 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TomAZ

TomAZ Karting

Jun 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ellis
    Bought an F430 recently. Had it less than 3 weeks, ended up broken down in the middle of the road in Arizona @ 105f. Red fluid all over the road coming from rear right of the car. I purchased from Ferrari dealer and they are rectifying it at their cost. I’m interested to have some input from other owners about F1 issues and reliability of the systems. I’m told a ‘hose/line’ had cracked/ruptured and they have to order from Italy (3 weeks) they are replacing all the hoses (which must be a good thing) - was a bit of a disappointment to say the least but I’m glad they’re dealing with it for me.

I’m sure this topic has been covered but I’m a layman and would love some basic feedback as to people’s opinion on the 430 reliability and big costs to watch out for.

I bought with my heart on this car - absolutely love it - it has 14k miles. The dealer fitted a new clutch, new seals and full service prior to my purchase.

Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i've seen only 1 time for the hoses to crack/rupture in 5 years of ownership for a few cars I have. It is a 360 of course, but 430 has basically the same hoses.

i believe the rupture is because of human error. I.E. previous jobs that accidentally bent or damage it. for example, if you are replacing the clutch , that hose has to move somehow and it is easy to bent them

3. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Honestly I have read all kinds of failures/ challenges this is a first for me...all things considered the F430 is quite reliable..seems like this hose in question may have been compromised during your recent service...good to hear your service department is stepping up.
    I would not let this alter your opinion..!
    Let us know which hose let loose....maybe a picture...this could explain the root cause.

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

let me guess, it punctures at the end of the connector area, right?

5. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    24, yup! Mine was at the end. I had my local shop replace my failing accumulator about 3 weeks before.

6. TomAZ

TomAZ Karting

Jun 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ellis
    Huh, so we reckon it might have been damaged during the recent clutch replacement?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    430 hoses rupture all the time - I bet it was EV2 that burst, at the banjo crimp up by the power unit. The reason is due to the way the hoses are routed. The 360 routing takes in more gentle curves whereas the 430 has a nasty tight turn up by the power unit. Worn engine and gearbox mounts mean that then powertrain is rocking around in the chassis putting repeated stress on the hoses.

I wouldn't let this put you off the F1 system - it is a common occurrence with a straightforward repair. You wait until your actuator starts leaking....