MP3 Question for F430 2007 | FerrariChat

MP3 Question for F430 2007

Discussion in '360/430' started by michael from MV, Jul 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michael from MV

michael from MV Karting

Oct 6, 2007
    Marin County
    Full Name:
    Michael Vogel
    Hi there,
    We have a 430 with the original Becker Ferrari deck with a CD player. It also says that its is 'MP3' capable but we don't know how the MP3 works.

Is there an audio plug? or is there something else. Any info would help.

2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I don't have a 430, so this a guess. Maybe you need to burn a CD with MP3 files on it. Easy if you're running a Windows PC.

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    More.... If you have the 6112 Cascade, you can make up a SD/compact flash card with MP3 tunes on it. There is a slot behind the left turning knob that accesses the SD slot. You slide the ferrari logo to the right and the left panel pops out. Instructions for loading files on to an SD card are found in the radio manual. If you need the manual I can email.
    Once the card is inserted you move to "media" to play.
    (Easier to use the iPod cable in the glove box if your car came with one.)
    This Becker model...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    The OEM stereo in my 2005 F430 is supposed to play MP3s, but it doesn't. I've tried both CDs and SD cards, and neither will play.

5. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

Trying to tune into stations and set them in this thing is ridiculous, I've always driven when the radio anyway. I can see why people go to aftermarket.

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Stock stereo system including the Hi Fi option is pure crap.
    If you want to stay stock / purists - you will just have to put up with it.

If you dont mind going aftermarket you can upgrade your stereo system and take advantage of latest technology like bluetooth, back up cameras and much better amplifier and speaker systems for crystal clear and powerful sound, and for bottom end - nice subwoofer for punchy bass instead of nothing but rattles and muddy sound.

I have upgraded mine and I have DIY post here somewhere.

Or contact Mike of Scuderia Audio. He makes great after market speaker systems. Just find you favorite head unit.

Fenz likes this.
  7. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

I do like the idea of a backup camera because parking would be less stressful. I wish the car had the parking sensors.

8. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
  9. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Otherwise I’m happy with the HiFi Bose system my car came with, for the limited amount of music I listen to while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app