'87 328 Door Gasket | FerrariChat

'87 328 Door Gasket

Discussion in '308/328' started by craiggo, Jul 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craiggo

craiggo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2012
    Redwood City
    Full Name:
    Craig
    All,

I'm trying to locate the lower door (corner) gaskets. Looks like a simple square-channel gasket. Google is NOT my friend searching for this. Maybe I'm just missing this and looking right at it...

I've found what appears to be large quantity of it at Cicognani but was hoping to to get those smaller pieces.

Do these exist or am I buying large(er) quantity?

Thank you in advance.
    View attachment 2793639 View attachment 2793641

Attached Files:

2. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
  3. craiggo

craiggo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2012
    Redwood City
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Much appreciated. I must have stared at that diagram for an hour and didn't see that.

Craig

4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Hey Craig,
    The screw holding the leather door card looks like it digging into the leather.
    Is it loose?

5. Andrew McCrae

Andrew McCrae Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2016
    Ireland
    #5 Andrew McCrae, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Hi Craig, I've been looking for the same for my 308 and the one I bought from Maranello was a totally different shape to the original. The original was flat bottomed so it could be stuck to the door. The Maranello part cross section was very rounded and was incompatible with being glued. I've had a conversation with Maranello and I think they are re-sourcing. They did refund me too.

I did buy the identical to original cross section from Superformance (not the original part number but a sf part number) and it was much better although it wasn't the spongy rubber and was more solid.

I'd advise you to check the cross section before you buy.

Edit: just checked cicognani who I didn't know about. Their gasket looks right unlike Maranello's. Thanks for the supplier name