finally bought a WHITE Testarossa | Page 6 | FerrariChat

finally bought a WHITE Testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Parnelli, Apr 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Parnelli-

Did you end up buying the car with the dash leather repaired or without? It looks good in those pics, do you have any other pics of the interior? Seats etc? I’m blown away by your car’s condition

2. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Explode, I appreciate the nice comments on the car.
    Here is the dash. As a driver or passenger you can’t even see any of the “issue”. The only way you could ever tell is if you were standing out on the outside of the car looking at the area where the dash meets the glass. And I would hell does that?
    It did come with a completely new dash but I just don’t think it’s worth $3000 to rip the old one out and install the one. If I was taking it to Pebble Beach, then maybe. But that’s not my intention.
    Other than that the car is virtually spotless. Not a nick or scratch on it. The paint is spotless. No blemishes.
    Quite frankly, I got lucky.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Wow. Your car is one of the few I’ve seen that has original seats which appear perfect. You did really well.

4. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Thanks. The seats are in great shape. I don't know much about seats, though. Were there different kinds?

5. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
  6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Ooooooh! Very nice!

Post some pictures with the deck lid open.

Did the capristo system replace the precats and cats?

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Nope just different colors. Would love to see under pics to know if I should be REALLY jealous lol!

8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
  9. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Man, you guys are good! To be able to decipher all of that information from a couple of pictures is pretty impressive.
    Honestly, I’m just not mechanically inclined enough to even know anything about that stuff. All I know is it looks good and sounds fantastic . Everything else I will leave up to my mechanic

Shamile likes this.
  10. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    blkdiablo33 likes this.
  11. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah but you have to be willing to get in there and get your hands dirty. Lol

12. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    This car is really nice, I’m sorry to hear you're selling it. I don't really understand though, you've been parking in that spot since you got it and you just recently damaged the spoiler so you’re selling it? Why not just learn how to park it without damage? That spoiler is easy to repair every few years like everyone else does. Its hardly damage worthy of a sale

turbo-joe, Zeff and Shamile like this.
  13. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    No, I have never actually parked at this rented space with the TR before today. It has been at my home garage since I bought it. And there is no "learning" with an incline like this driveway has unfortunately. Believe me, I have a Porsche 911 that also has a low front spoiler so I know how to maneuver inclines.

turbo-joe likes this.
  14. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I’m sorry man, that blows. I don’t know your personal situation but I would hate to be selling a TR with over $10k just put into it. Park the wife’s car outside or something haha

blkdiablo33 and Shamile like this.
  15. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    It definitely does blow !:) I can't complain though. I have several other fun cars to enjoy. Life is a journey. Some things work in your favor …..some don't

16. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Parnelli, I totally agree and understand where you are coming from. After spending over $30k fixing up my TR, I sold it within a year. I was just not enjoying the car and wanted to move on. Not looking to lose money, but life is too short. Enjoy that journey!

Parnelli likes this.
  17. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    I'm sorry, to each their own, but this is pretty bizarre.

Shark01, xplodee and Shamile like this.
  18. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Odd.

Shark01, xplodee and Shamile like this.
  19. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    So I brought the TR out to my Ferrari guy today to have him repair that bottom black strip on the valance .
    When I got out there this white 512 TR was parked right in front of me. This is the same car that I posted pictures of earlier but I thought I would take a couple quick pictures of my car and a white 512 right next to each other :)
    Probably the only two white TR’s in this entire geographic area
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso and blkdiablo33 like this.
  20. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The 512tr looks especially good in white. I’m not a fan of the tr in white though.

21. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i think ur the only one that feels like that lol

22. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Ha! Maybe. Regardless, hopefully Parnelli discusses his experience selling this car. For years he shopped for a great one and got a good price. Now we get to see how it goes the other direction.

23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i wanted a 328 and i would of bought one sight unseen as i have alot of my cars so found a cherry one local went and drove one if i would of bought sight unseen i would of put the car up for sale my exprience with it was just not for me.maybe the tr is not him its not for everyone

Parnelli likes this.