2019 Indy Car | Page 14 | FerrariChat

2019 Indy Car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Mar 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I was fortunate enough to spend a bit more time with Milka than Danica.

She's a sweetie. Will never forget at Sebring must have been 2001 or 2002, the line up of teenaged boys
    waiting for her to come out of her RV. And, when she did, she took the time to say hello to each of them.

Milka is too much woman for PT. Ha!

BHW

2. 'Haven't. But it wssn't his first Indy car race and he wasn't from F1.... ;)

3. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Hornish wasn't a road racer and chased that NASCAR dream. Good for him, made a ton of $, had zero results. With IndyCar moving to road/street courses he could have competed for the 500 but his chances of winning a championship (far less valued than the 500 to be sure) were effectively over.

Would love to see Alonso race full-time but seems so unlikely to happen. I think a full-time McLaren effort could happen at some point likely with a different driver but that would at least give the team/crew experience and prep for Indy. Alonso has proven he can drive at Indy, the team hasn't proven they can do anything at Indy.

As much of a Penske fan as I am I hope Rossi stays with Andretti. RHR really isn't a threat anymore (consistently anyway) and Herta isn't there yet so would prefer to see a third team fighting

pilotoCS and 375+ like this.
  4. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Ah understood, never was a fan of his attitude that seemed to come across that seemed aloof. Became even less of a fan after listening to the Mike Shank Dinner With Racers episode.

5. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    This is a good thing. TP likes milk and donuts before bedtime. Besides, PT wouldn't look that good in a bikini ! :p

6. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
  7. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  8. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  9. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    nice pics! someday I want to go to the Toronto GP. usually IMSA at Mosport is the week before so maybe a week in Canada in July would be a nice diversion from sweating to death in Florida...

10. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Looks like nice race day weather. 76°F, no precip?

After today's British GP, looking forward to some better racing beginning to end. Rossi has been very good of late.

11. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Will Power screwed the pooch on that one.

wonder if not winning this year is starting to unhinge him a bit.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I was hoping all the cars would get through lap 1 without incident and he had to go and screw it up thinking he'd win on lap 1 from the back...I was impressed up until then as I thought for sure they'd wreck somewhere prior to the pit entry corner.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Half way throught the Toronto race and it''s a bit of a snoozer.

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Will Power is an idiot. I was really hoping to see a clean last lap to see Dixon going at it and the fuel on Simon. Lame.

GuyIncognito and Nortonious like this.
  15. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    A competitive race dominated by Pagenaud. A very tight championship points race as well.

It's hard to believe Power is the same guy he was the last few seasons. He's the Vettel of IndyCar.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  16. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Good Team Penske Day...except for Power. Weird. Entertaining, more competition for the championship than F1 for sure...but some of the Silverstone wheel-to-wheel battles earlier today were more exciting.

It was cool seeing Robert Wickens during the parade lap, now if only his fiancee wasn't such a drama queen.

Any Bourdais vs Sato UFC afterwards?

17. Bill in Atlanta

Bill in Atlanta Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2004
    A conspiracy theorist might say all 3 races this weekend were fixed....
    -Nascar: caution for a car that spun, but didn't hit anything/no debris so K Busch could be in position to claim the win he was robbed of last week
    -F1: Safety car for car in gravel trap, timed perfectly for Hamilton's stop to put him in front of his teammate
    -IndyCar: Penske driver hits the wall while his teammate, low on fuel, wins under caution........

18. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thank you! The pit pass came in handy and the good camera helps. Have plenty more!