Verstappen to Mercedes | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Verstappen to Mercedes

Discussion in 'F1' started by Sig. Roma, May 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    At the time, the Mercedes was effectively testing during the races, but you wouldn’t know that, since you only know results from wikipedia, you didn’t actually see the races themselves,

2. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I could tell you a few things that I was told by several at the team in confidence, but I’ve been told by the mods that mentioning a couple of those items would result in a ban, because even it’s a fact, if you are not able to quote the source, we are not allowed for it to be discussed, understandably so. It’s a shame, because ktu and a few others would self destruct with embarrassment at the revelations about Elton’s time there

stavura and SimCity3 like this.
  3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    #253 P.Singhof, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    So this year Lewis was sitting for 5 test days in the Mercedes... That actually convinced me that he is not only the greatest F1 driver of all time but most likely the greatest human being ever to grace this world... I mean developing this awful car with this immense PU-deficit from day one in only FIVE days a year into the car it is today while the loser Schumacher and the idiots at Ferrari needed to test five days a week to achieve the same is nothing short from breathtaking!!!
    It is so sad that Lewis wastes his superiority on something as banale as driving in circles, I am sure he could have cured cancer or sorted out climate change by finding an unlimited clean energy source if he just tried... really a genius he is ;)

On a more serious note: if someone really believes that under the current regulations it is the driver on track that develops the car rather than the engineer and simulator drivers on the computer he is:
    a) living in a bubble
    b) absolutely clueless about racing/testing/F1
    c) a troll
    Certainly a combination of these three works as well....

4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The only person self who destructed from embarrassment was Alonso.

5. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And as this belongs here more than a baseless testing-discussion:
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-better-hamilton-now-horner/4491253/

And this article is also revealing the intelligence of the one asking the questions...
    Horner: "Max is the best F1 driver at the moment"
    Question: "does that mean he is better than Hamilton?"
    What the hell did he do not understand at the word "best"???

Finlander, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Either there is testing now or not, make up your mind and stop trying pick and choose for the sake of diminishing Hamilton

william likes this.
  7. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    its the team as a whole not just one person

8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Since you are in the mood to believe team principles:
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/144395/hamilton-maybe-best-ever-f1-driver--wolff

william likes this.
  9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    That's my understanding as well, obviously things have moved on considerably but the basis and foundations were laid when they purchased the team from Ross Brawn.

stavura, SimCity3 and daytona355 like this.
  10. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Verstappen will never be in the same league as LH, its just pep talk from Horner.

11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Careful saying that around here, Schumi developed the car all by himself, they didn't have team mechanics or engineers or test drivers during that time

pilaki likes this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Zzzzzzzzz..... you know no one takes your seriously right? All you look for is arguments, things have been explained to you a thousand times, yet you persist with ********

stavura likes this.
  13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    ktu and daytona355 like this.
  14. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Thanks

15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    What a complete nonsense, seriously... give it a break!!!
    Everybody, I repeat EVERYBODY knows that the success of Ferrari was a joint venture of Todt, Brawn and Schumacher. Nobody ever said Schumacher did this all by himself so stop making up things to troll around here. It is going on for long enough now so why don´t you look for a new playground to "play around".
    You once asked my why I would make every thread about Hamilton despite Lewis is actually in F1 right now. Why do YOU need to make every single thread starting about Lewis into the usual ******** about Schumacher. What Barrichello has to do with Bottas not being a top 5 driver and a No.2 to Lewis will probably remain your secret for the rest of time...

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Says a lot about you when you read this as a compliment ;)

stavura, daytona355 and ktu like this.
  17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Thanks

18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I have most of the F1 trolls on Ignore so I can barely follow this discussion. Some of you might do the same?

pilotoCS and LVP488 like this.
  19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Half-true statement.

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    So, will Verstappen reach Mercedes? I still don’t know the answer.... if he does, I guess Elton is going to leave to take up music, or fashion modelling, or whatever he thinks he is good at these days? I would love to see either Max or Danni Smiles in the Mercedes to see what they do with it, can you imagine how spectacular they would be dicing around at the front together trying to rip each other a new one at every corner? Hehehehehe

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Ok on topic with Darth550!! :)

Max - Need a car or he will waste his best years and talent. Ricci is a example of this ongoing with Renault.

william likes this.
  22. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    It does appear to be a viscous circle with about 3 - 4 players on the F1 threads. Or is it vicious . . . It's definitely not vivacious. My point is there is little point to some of these discussions, especially when Hamilton is involved. So, I'll go with "pointless" discussion.

I have not employed the ignore feature yet, but it looks like it's use is inevitable here.

william and bmwracer like this.
  23. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It makes this place 900000% more suitable for discussion amongst actual adults.

bmwracer and pilotoCS like this.
  24. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    An opinion is opinion and just an opinion . Everyone will have theirs , some would like to impose their opinion on others while others think their opinion is gospel . Fact is , at any one time or era , there is a handful of drivers that are above the rest and are consistently brilliant given their talent . It is futile to make a statement about any one driver versus the other unless they are in an identical car and that isn’t going to happen as the top drivers of today are with different teams and no one team in my opinion has 2 drivers of equal talent . Schumacher was great , Alonso too , Hamilton is top dog at the moment , Vettel had his time and is still extremely competent , Max and Leclrec will be great . The rest of the field shows the odd flash of brilliance but can not pull it together on a consistent basis and some of the guys are just useless . Some objectivity would go long ways in these discussions , no 4 or 5 times WDC is a bum no matter how good the car he is driving is , you still have to bring it home . Let’s leave it at that

ktu, william and TonyL like this.
  25. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Well said, you stole my thunder. I come on here to listen to other peoples opinion and hopefully they will notice mine, I don't try to change anybody's views but if I can learn something new then fine, I will take it on board. Unfortunately, sometimes the written word is misconstrued and difficult to master on forums, we are all guilty of not getting our point across in the way it was intended, we need face to face contact to express ourselves, I stop and read something a couple times and sometimes read it differently the second time.

Lets not treat this as fans at a football (soccer) match, more friends down the pub having a banter. Who gives a flying pig about LH- MV- SV en all, none of them would give you the time of day if you met them.