Best neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Florida' started by F355 Fan 82, Jul 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    South of 5th is a very cool place. If you've gotten used to the good food and that kind of vibe the burbs could be tough. I was at my of my daughters friends places around 20th/Sunset Harbor. That's a nice place, seemed toned down a bit and a good place for kids. They have a nice family they raised there. Good luck.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  2. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    O trust me it’s going to be tough I loved not needing to use my car ever. Groceries delivered from Whole Foods, Walk everywhere to dinner, work around the corner,but 3 bedrooms are just a whole different price point and the twins came out of nowhere haha, this time last year we were a couple happily married nearly 10 years never planning on having kids, now we have 2 on the way and we’re quickly learning that more space is either going to be far away or cost a lot haha

3. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    OK, I wasn't meaning to be preachy but you're living in a cool set up for all the reasons you list. I've thought about moving there, buying a Vespa and being done with it. :)
    FWIW, we moved from a cool urban environment to suburbia when we had a kids. Never missed it. Priorities do that.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  4. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Can you move your office?

If it were possible I'd move the office to downtown West Palm Beach and get a place on the water in Jupiter or Palm Beach Gardens. You'd have some of Miami perks without the hassle. Airport close by, growing Wynwood type copy on Clare Ave, Breakers, etc. More laid back FCA events, PBIR close by. When you need a Miami fix you can do an overnight trip. Bonus you'll get far more for your dollar with less taxes and less hassle, plus you won't have crack heads across the street urinating in the intersection! :)

Your kids will grow up around more grounded people, less crime, have great schools and will have more outdoor water activities to enjoy. Get them a little Whaler and they'll grow up fishing and boating. Nothing better than the outdoor life for kids/families IMO.

Dbacr and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  5. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
  6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
  7. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Have you considered neighborhoods in the northern part of Miami like Miami Shores or Bay Harbor Islands? There’s also Harbor Islands in Hollywood but you’re starting to push the limits of your commute. Private schools are a must at all those locations though.

Here’s what a little under $2 million gets you in Harbor Islands for example:
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/875-Captiva-Dr-Hollywood-FL-33019/54601349_zpid/

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  8. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    We have a friend who lives here, they knocked down an old house and built a new one to spec. It's an amazing space, took a couple years. They have it all, nice house, small pool and boat lift. I think they're all in a little over a million and for what they have it's a steal.

bball16 likes this.
  9. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Those neighborhoods I know well, miami shores is ok, the issue is there is ALOT of riff raff in there. My friend has a really nice home on the water in miami shores and has 2 classics in the garage and leaves his dd as well as wifes in the driveway and he had his window broken 4x on his range rover. The homes on the water are pricey, but still lots of questionable characters amongst you. Thats why I really like palm island or hibiscus, gated, officer at the front, hopefully one decent one will pop up next few months, location is perfect as is security. Too bad its the only neighborhood close, that and venetian islands.

10. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yup. Absolutely love that island. A lot like old Florida with kids on bikes in the street and people actually saying hi when you walk by.

11. flifer

flifer Karting

Mar 3, 2016
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Avoid Miami shores, it’s like a strange science experiment with million dollar homes on the water yet still comes with all the dangers of North Miami. If you’re paying multiple 7 figures for a home the last thing one should have to worry about is crime, which isn’t the case in Miami Shores.

If you're looking for a good mix of urban cool and family friendly (while staying within your price range) you should check out Brickell Key. Plenty of very nice condos in the 2M range. Tons of families live on the island as there is plenty of green space for kids to play.

The restaurants aren’t as chic as south of fifth but there are tons of restaurants in the Brickell area with more coming on almost a monthly basis.

You can walk to whole foods (or get instacart delivery) Walk to City Centre, Walk to Mary Brickell Village, and in a couple years with one world plaza opening you’ll be a short distance from there - yet still far enough from all the riff-raff of downtown. It’s also less than a 10 minute drive to south beach if you can plan around rush hour.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  12. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    My wife and I live off Bayview at Coral Ridge Country Club and we really love the area! I work for Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale and my wife is in real estate with Florida Luxurious Properties. If you would like help with finding a home here, give Amy Carpenter a call at 954-240-0910. She would be happy to help you find something in the right area. We love it here!!! Take a look at their website...
    www.floridaluxurious.com

Hank Carpenter
    Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale
    336-516-3855 cell

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  13. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Thanks a lot hank!

14. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Lol, been up in Palm Beach County a few weeks now and my kids want to know why strangers keep saying "hi" and waving. :) Sad thing is they also asked if homeless people aren't allowed. Registered him this morning at school and the staff was courteous, knowledgeable and visibly happy to be there. That is NOT something I've ever experience in Broward public schools.

As a bonus, my son fishes out back every night for bass and loves it.

IMO some things are worth the extra drive to work or to a chic restaurant/bar.

bball16 and F355 Fan 82 like this.