550 v Vanquish S | FerrariChat

550 v Vanquish S

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Themaven, Jul 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    There is a feature comparing the two in the latest issue of the British magazine “Modern Classics”. I won’t spoil the conclusion but I will say it’s odd comparing these rather than a F1 575 and a Vanquish S which were contemporaries and similarly gearboxed and horsepowered.

2. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Clarkson compared the two with damon hill in a cool top gear you can see on youtube, both liked the ferrari better as a driver, but both liked the aston better as a looker. Im biased but i think the maranello is the ultimate ferrari, it combines classic beauty with modern performance. The V12s that followed 599,F12,812 are amazing machines but there is something lacking to tie them to the classics like the 250 gto and 275 gtb. The maranello is just one of the most beautiful cars ever designed as far as im concerned. Obviously many drive better, many look better, but as a total package it doesn't get much better in terms of classic looks and modern performance.

3. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Agree 100%. I could go from my 550 to something more modern, but I am not even considdering it. The car is perfect.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Interesting video. Maranello a clear winner. :)

I am sure Clarkson is exaggerating for effect, but putting the Aston into reverse seems more than a little unnecessarily complicated.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.