Goodbye Lusso.........Hello Pista | FerrariChat

Goodbye Lusso.........Hello Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by petretta, Jul 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Lusso looks sad to me sitting on that truck. Like its feelings are hurt. It can't help that it was born a Lusso.

2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Yeah, who'd want to be the best 4 seat GT car the world has ever seen*.
    Traded for a toy.

*And yes i do mean in T form.

3. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I think you're gonna miss that V12...

4. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #5 dmark1, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    LOL, no he won't. I drove the 812 and the Pista on the track during Corsa Pilota in Monticello last month. Sorry, the 812 was a brick compared to the Pista. Like comparing a
    linebacker to a wide receiver.

of2worlds and boobernackle like this.
  5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Assuming he's going to be driving on the track all day maybe. Myself, I'd take an 812 all day long over a Pista. It will be interested to hear what the owner's reviews are once he's driven both for a while.

Ray

of2worlds and F12JAJ like this.
  6. petretta

petretta Karting

Mar 5, 2010
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    DP
    Now that's funny. Sounds like the guy from the IKEA commercial.

7. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    I bought the most recognized sportscar magazine today ( „sport auto“ ).
    Just because it includes a first review of the Pista. Basically performed on the Hockenheimring, former F1 circuit.
    The verdict is outstandingly in favor of the Italian beauty.
    The author describes it as the most emotional sportscar available at present.
    In the middle of the lands of Porsche!

dmark1 and Ash Patel like this.
  8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

All I know is my buddy is an 812 owner fur 6 months ,, he was with me during Corsa Pilota,, and now all he can talk about is figuring out how to get a Pista allocation that he can trade his 812 on.

of2worlds and tekaefixe like this.
  9. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course, but I personally don't believe any of these auto reviewers any more. It's all sugar coated BS if you ask me.

Fact is, Ferrari has deviated pretty far lately from what has historically made them a successful company. I've been a die hard Ferrari loyalist and lover for almost 40 years and yet there are no cars in the current line-up I'd even remotely entertain buying.

When/if they make a car that's great to own and looks sexy again, then maybe I'll buy another new Ferrari. As far as their latest offering, w/ the Mongoloid Corvette rear end, no thank you.

Ray

veilstylez, Qavion and dustman like this.
  10. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Congrats OP, looking forward to your driving impressions and more pics!!

11. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I'd be interested in hearing what he thinks after driving the Pista for 6 months.

I'd personally take the 812 Superfast over anything with a turbo V8 (sans the F40 maybe). When I test drove the 812, I was really impressed with it. I haven't driven the Pista, but the 488 left me really disappointed and I don't see how the Pista is really all that far from the 488 frankly.

Ray

12. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

It is.

I had the reverse experience. After driving the 488, the 812 and the Pista on the track for two days during Corsa Pilota it was the 812 that came off as the clear dog of the bunch. Vague steering at the limit, body roll at the limit and just a very tepid track performer.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Thanks for the insight there. I've only ever driven the 488 on the track. I test drove the 812 and it seemed really sharp on the road, but it was a short test drive only. Never driven the Pista at all. I would guess it's more track focused though for sure.

Ray

dmark1 likes this.
  14. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I can confirm this statement. Driving the 812 after driving the Pista is like getting into Grandma's car.

Ash Patel likes this.
  15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I never took my speciale to the track, but I didn’t love the car.
    Despised the 488, but hope the incoming Pista does the trick.
    I’d be interested in the 812 but cannot warm to the ungainly exterior. Same for SPF90.
    Mostly, I’m disappointed Ferrari has nothing that excites me.

16. m3the01

m3the01 Rookie

Aug 5, 2009
    Hampton, NH
    I agree that I've luv'd Ferrari for so long but since the 458 nothing is interesting... F8 much better than 488/pista/812/sp90 but still not feeling it. Going back to Porsche and McLaren.

Fireman1291 and IPO1 like this.
  17. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

That’s like deciding to date Rosey O’Donnell because you think Cindy Crawford is too old.

Mn-0127 and JohnTz like this.
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The 812 is impressive but on a track weight is the enemy - even if performance is there thanks to power, eventually a lighter car will be more interesting.
    It's almost by chance (and also due to unusually high residuals on used F12 in 2014-2015) that I switched from a V12 to a plebeian turbocharged V8 but I think there is no way back (a V12 could be an additional car for touring, but not a replacement).

19. petretta

petretta Karting

Mar 5, 2010
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    DP
    I feel the same was about the Speciale and 488. I graduated to the Speciale after the Scuderia which really left me looking for more. The Scud was raw and aggressive, especially on the track. I don't have a tremendous amount of seat time in the Pista as of yet but so far it has exceeded my expectations ten fold. The car has so much emotion, the downshifts are viscous, just like the Scud. You will NOT be disappointed!

johnr265 likes this.
  20. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I had exactly the same impression.
    I finally did come to terms with the 812 (which i am sure is great GT road car), the Pista was obviously great but i was HUGELY impressed with the basic 488.
    Lets hope the F8 continues and builds on that. Then i will order one is a very simple spec and have lots of fun.
    Though what do i know ?, I drive a green Lusso !

of2worlds and sampelligrino like this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    No one would date Rosie O'Donnell, even if she was the last female on the planet.

Viperjoe, dustman and sampelligrino like this.
  22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Rosanne Barr = worst.

23. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Interesting, I did the same program.. I was amazed at the 812's capability. The Pista was awesome but the 812 was no slouch, obviously still a GT but miles ahead of the F12 in terms of front engine V12. Anyhow I will take one of everything hehehe :)

of2worlds likes this.
  24. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congrats my friend, huge.. where is the T going to?

Think its the V8, maybe I am wrong.

I would take one of each (kind of whats happening), seriously they are both so so so different but at the top of their class. 812 really amazed me after 2 days, I loved the Pista so much but the 812 would the wife.