NBA off season | Page 3 | FerrariChat

NBA off season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Jun 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    LOL my B I meant $170M. Kawhi likes the ball and being the top dog. Sure he coexisted with Duncan, Parker, Manu but that was early in his career. Just can't see him meshing well with LBJ. AD and Kawhi I can see being a harmonious and successful duo.

I hate the Lakers, schadenfreude. I hope Kawhi stays in Toronto or goes to Clippers (doubtful). He definitely marches to his own drum, taking his sweet time deciding where to go. His indecision is handicapping the Lakers who couldn't offer any max contracts while waiting for Kawhi. Now they are stuck, Kawhi or bust.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Kawhi has a better chance of winning a ring next season staying in Toronto than going to either team in LA imo. Plus he's a god there already.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    kawhi has best team by joining lakers! not even close. they make the best big 3 of all time. off, deff, shooting, passing, big/small ball. best of all time. and they might get iggy from memphis too. how that as a staring 5 with ingram? might as well stop the season and give them the trophy now. but kawhi is strange so he probably doesnt want that. no one knows...

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Kawhi and Paul George to Clippers. Didnt see that duo coming together. 5 first round picks for George.

Crosstown rivalry in LA dialed up to 10. Balance of power in the West shifts to SoCal.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Omg insanity!! Nba off season is the best!

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Biggest case of musical chairs I've ever seen in any major pro sport. You'll need a scorecard to figure out who's where.

As big as greater L.A. is, I still hate the idea of the Lakers and Clippers sharing the same building. Even with that star power, I always envision the Clippers as being second banana in their own city. As far as I'm concerned, they should move at least to Anaheim, if not back to San Diego (provided the latter city builds them a suitable arena).

7. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Wasn’t an earthquake yesterday. It was Jerry West and Kawhi making big moves and a sign of what’s to come.

Looks like my crystal ball was right again :)

9. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Hope the Clippers and Lakers play each other during the regular season at home. Ironic that there is more hype and optimism for the Nets vs the Knicks and the Clippers vs the Lakers, like the bullied little brother has outgrown big bro. I think Beverly, George and Kawhi will be fearsome defensively. Rivers is a well respected coach, he's chomping at the bit for next season.

George excels at being the #2 offensive option as his time in OKC has shown, he will be a good complement to Kawhi offensively. Two-way wings are all the rage, exciting times ahead.

BTW, it's not really 5 first round picks for George, more like 5 picks for George and Kawhi since Kawhi wasn't coming to the Clippers without George.

Feel sorry for Westbrook. Presti going to blow up the OKC roster. Knicks lost out on free agency, Westbrook would be a nice consolation prize. He's 30 years-old and handicapped with a massive contract, his trade value will only decrease moving forward and no point in surrounding a superstar with mediocre mid-level players.

Was reading about a possible scenario of George and Westbrook going to Toronto, that would have been a crazy lineup. In the end, OKC was just playing off Toronto against the Clippers to try maximize draft compensation for George. Masai got his championship with Kawhi, now it's the Clippers turn.

95spiderman likes this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #60 ShineKen, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Jerry West (Former Laker) and Kawhi were playing chess while everyone else was playing checkers. The Clippers was always Kawhi’s #1 choice. He was simply stalling to give the Clippers time to execute the PG13 trade, while at the same time, playing the Lakers into believing he was coming to weaken their free agency position. It was all an act. They purposely leaked fake news Kawhi was 95% going to the Lakers.

Lebron and the Lakers are boiling inside. This is messing up Bron’s plan of retiring as King of L.A. It’s on!!! Staples Center is gonna bit lit!!

Who’s the King of L.A? Or NBA for that matter? Kawhi single-handedly turned the NBA into Game of Thrones

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    westbrook brings it all on himself by having very difficult personality to deal with on day to day. plus hes losing his shooting ability. so perfect fit for knicks!

its going to be phil v clippers and clipps take the trophy

12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Haha so true on Russ, he has a very intense demeanor. George and Kawhi seem more chill. Clips vs Phil would be fantastic. Two defensive beasts with great wings. George Kawhi Harris amongst the best at their positions.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Steve Balmer has plans for their own stadium.

14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    No team in the right mind would take Westbrook’s contract, which is 40 mil each year for the next 4 years. OKC is stuck with him

15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I don't get few things on the kawhi deal.

first, isnt George same type player as kawhi just not quite as good? dont they play same position? wouldn't kawhi been better off with LeBron and ad where they all have different roles to play.

second, what good are all the 1st round draft picks when theyre coming from best team in league? theyre going to be last pick in draft.

16. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Kawhi can't do his own thing or have a team centered around him if Lebron, AD, and boogie are also on the same team. PG can fall right in line behind Kawhi's versatility imo.

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I guess, but he should've picked a point guard or big to team with clips instead of similar wing to himself in pg. doesn't matter since theyre winning it all regardless

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I look at it that he will be the Pippen to Jordan.

19. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    and now westbrook reunites w harden! how crazy is this season going to be?

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Bring Durant to Houston lol.

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Great. Now Harden has to deal with another fluke. Melo, CP3, and now Westbrick...again.

22. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Upgrade for Harden. Westbrook is 30, same age as Harden while CP3 is 34. Window to compete for championship is extended by a few years.

23. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Exactly. PG excelled as #2 offensive option at OKC and plays great D. Beverly isnt chopped liver, the 3 of them will form a core nucleus for the Clips both ways.

24. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Upgrade only because they werent getting along. CP3 is much more efficient than Westbrick and doesn’t need the spotlight.

Harden was a bench warmer when they were teammates. Now Russell has to play second fiddle to Harden? How’s that gonna work. Russell will be fighting for usage rate. He’s also a very inefficient player.

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Harden seems excited. Said this today:

"When I left OKC, I was sad. Then Houston made a home for me," Harden said. "Rockets is my home. And now an opportunity came available where Russ wasn't happy. Now we're back. It's going to be a lot of fun this year, I guarantee you that. Believe it."