488 GTB or 488 Pista? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 GTB or 488 Pista?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossocorsa1, Feb 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I didn't read anywhere where the road was slippery?

Anyway, dry or slippery it's the faster machine out on the rd. All the extra hp in world is not gonna help in that environment, nor will the stiffer set up help o_O
    Ive seen it enough times on the drives i do so don't really need WR to confirm it. But agree Pista will be more focused and more exciting on the dead smooth stuff. Problem is there isn't a lot of that off the expressways.

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Of course it will outperform GTB but out in the open Im not sure if the extra performance is going to amount to anything other than being a bigger handful. That said I'd be happy to put up with it...time will tell.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    IMO all cars lose money except a few. I am not getting a 488 with any notion of resale and "lost money ". If I did I wouldn't buy the car. Investment ? stick to land/houses

Shadowfax likes this.
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Ild be driving a 458 now if it had side intakes.

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Totally agree. If you're a buying a car with any view to make money then you're buying it for the wrong reason. People should be buying cars like this to drive them, and drive them properly, not park them up all the time hoping to make a buck. That really annoys me...

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Agreed. That’s the only thing that was missing, which is why I fell in love with the 488.

Shadowfax likes this.
  9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Agreed.

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm one that agrees completely ;)

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Count me in that too o_O.
    I'll leave it the 458 guys to fight over which is better. Me? I'm over it. It's not even a discussion point SFAIC.....a futile argument.

12. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    To me, that is one detail that I dislike about the 488.

But honestly, what I like only matters to me. What you like matters to you. My good friend reminds me often "baskin robins has 31 flavor of ice cream for a reason"

Rossocorsa1 and Viperjoe like this.
  13. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    Add me to the list. In my opinion, 488 is a great car but the Speciale is outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    No doubt. But for many (inc myself) the 488 is even more outstanding :)

Pista? Well i suspect it is going to give the word "outstanding" a whole new meaning - as in next level!

mariosnk likes this.
  15. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    Yep, I bet that you are right. I think the 488 Pista will be amazing. Something really Speciale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Except Pista better! :D

17. lamborarijason

lamborarijason Karting

Sep 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Add me to the list too. The side scoop and more aggressive look, better handling, ton more torque, more power, lighter, better braking, 50% more downforce made me had to have it. 458 I completely skipped years ago and went with gated manual LP550-2 instead due to the softer more feminine look of 458 with exception in black color which looks super aggressive, a mid engine Ferrari without scoop is almost not Ferrari for me. 458 Speciale however is on bucket list of must own car.

Prior to Pista I thought 488 looks just about perfect, after seeing pics of Pista, 488 now looks a bit plain. Definitely want to pick up a Pista

18. dimwitrhino

dimwitrhino Rookie

Jul 24, 2016
    Denver
    I own a 488 and I didn't think twice about a Pista until my son sent me this photo from the recent HRE Wheels open house in San Diego.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and tekaefixe like this.
  19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    For many the price tag of the Pista is part of its appeal since it reinforces its exclusivity - but personnally I was so shocked by the premium asked compared to the 488 GTB that I declined the offered allocation... and decided to spend my money elsewhere. Then Ferrari unveiled the F8 and I ordered it.

of2worlds likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If the financial motive was the reason you didn’t get the Pista but got the F8, it may have been a mistake.

F8 will likely follow 488 depreciation curve which is steep. Pista is selling above Msrp and should continue to do so.

Time will tell what actually happens with the actual dollar amounts but Pista will hold value better for sure than the f8

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    On the other hand, I'm used to losing money on the Ferrari I buy, but the advantage is that I can drive them - most of these high profile cars only keep value if they have very low mileage. So they're not for me.
    Regarding history, currently the Speciale which had a very reasonable price sell for around MSRP - in the medium/long term I don't see the Pista keeping a $100K premium over Speciale.

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Maybe, maybe not. People are paying a 100k premium now over speciale- it May stay, it may not.

A lot will depend if there will be an F8 “Pista”

23. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    It's unlikely as the V8 replacement has already been announced and scheduled which doesn't give much time to do anything new post the Spider.

SoCal to az likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I agree

25. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Right !