Cavallino CLassic - 2020 | FerrariChat

Cavallino CLassic - 2020

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Rossocorsa1, Jul 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Very excited about the upcoming Cavallino Classic in January. They have announced that the show will honor and celebrate three great models:

- SWB California
    - F50

Certainly, all very pivotal models in Ferrari's history. Should be an amazing few days, as usual.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Also can't wait to see all the 250 GTE 2+2's that show as the featured model. Should be a spectacular turnout.

LARRYH likes this.
  3. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I guess I will be the first to say 'Nice show, too expensive'.

:D
    BT

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  5. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    All the great concours have gotten up there, so I guess it's par for the course...the last Cavallino I went to was in 03 I believe, walk-up admission to the concours was $25 or something like that.

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Held annually in Palm Beach at the Breakers

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    It’s the finest Ferrari concours in the world. If you’re a Ferrari fan it’s well worth the price for admission. There is no single gathering quit like it. It brings some of the finest Ferrari in the world from all classes in one place. It’s fabulous.

P.Singhof, 87testa, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  8. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Gotta miss it this year, quite upset given the GTE focus.
    Praying for better weather for you guys in 2020.
    Accommodation wise I prefer the 4 Seasons up the road to the Breakers.

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The real Ferrari 250 GTE 60th Anniversary will take place 13th to 17th May 2020, organised by David Wheeler of the GTE Registry.
    Going from Reisterstown/MD to Bedford Springs/PA to Hershey and on to Blue Bell/PA and then to Skippack for the FCA Penn-Jersey Regional Concours d'Elégance.
    See also attached provisional schedule.

Marcel Massini

Attached Files:

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Fantastic. Right near where I live. Thanks for sharing. I suppose there couldn’t be enough gatherings like that.

11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I agree that it is a fabulous event, and one that any big Ferrari fan should attend at least once. I went for four or five years, but after a few visits it starts to seem basically the same every year. I think my favorite year was 2008 or so (the old TR was the highlighted model). It seems absurd that they will give you one 7.8 ounce bottled water if you have lunch there, extras were $5 per last time I went. It is like if Mastro's steakhouse wanted to charge me $12 if I asked for a second pat of butter for the bread... I mean, make it fabulous, charge through the roof, but give the customer a great experience without the nickel and dime mentality. Parking for $50? Fuggedaboutit!

:D
    BT

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I understand your point, but much of what you’re referring to is the Breakers and not the show itself.

87testa likes this.
  13. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Always a great event!!! Even with some rain the best of the best come out.

I do wish it was the 308 instead of the 328 though.

of2worlds, 87testa and Thomas Magnum like this.
  14. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    A fantastic show. I always like seeing all the cars on the track on Friday. But be aware if you plan to track your car. There will be different skill levels on the track.

15. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Nothing against the 328, but every time I attended there were plenty of them there. So, seems the same.

However, seeing a bunch of F50s would be a sight for sure.

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    The great thing about Cavallino is the incredible portfolio of cars that show. If one isn't a fan of the 328 (or other models) they certainly don't need to spend much time looking at them. Certainly, of course, F50's are much rarer, so I'm extremely hopeful that many will show. I don't think anyone would argue that the real gems of Cavallino are the ultra exclusive cars from the 50's and 60's.

As a 328 GTB owner and Cavallino participant/presenter, I have made an interesting observation lately which caught me by surprise. Many younger attendees would come up to me and have never seen a real 328 before. I guess this is showing my age now, but I thought it was interesting how few anyone actually sees out in public (as well as Boxers, TR's, Daytonas, etc.). While maybe a much more "common" Ferrari, anything 20+ years is a very unusual thing for most people to come by.

I'm glad they are showcasing one of the supercars. I think it's very important to cultivate new attendees at the show, and the reality is that many younger people have much more passion for the supercars (and other newer Ferraris) than they do for the vintage class. For the health of the show, there should be plenty for everyone to enjoy.

of2worlds and ross like this.
  17. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i wouldnt mind going.
    but, there are so many places to see ferraris of all kinds, for very little or 0 these days.

Texas Forever likes this.
  18. ronc52

ronc52 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I think last year general admission was 200$

19. ronc52

ronc52 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Full Name:
    Ron
    It is expensive but everyone that is interested in Ferrari should go at least once, you see cars you have most likely never heard of and they have the best of the best

Graz and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Agreed. No question, there are some fantastic Ferrari concours, shows, gatherings, but Cavallino is on another level. Yes, some years may be better than others, but it consistently delivers really exceptional examples. As ronc52 said, they have the best of the best, many of which are the most exclusive Ferrari’s in the world. And, it’s all Ferrari, which is special.

Ira Schwartz likes this.
  21. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Have you been before? If not, you’ll quickly see that this is on a totally different level. Also, looks like you have an impressive collection. You may also want to consider presenting one or more of your cars. It’s really a special experience.

22. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    The ticket price for Cavallino is still about a fifth to a quarter of what a Quail ticket costs. Is Quail really 4 to 5 times better? I don't think so, especially if you are a Ferrari person.

23. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Agreed. The Quail is a great event, but it’s really more of a lifestyle gathering of both cars, food and fashion. There is no serious judging (aside from exhibitors voting casually within their class). Still, great show. Cavallino, on the other hand, is a serious gathering of only the best cars, and high level collectors and enthusiasts.

87testa and Bryanp like this.
  24. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Everybody can attend the FCA Nationals and it doesn't cost anything! This year in November in Scottsdale.
    PS: This year Concorso Italiano in Seaside/MRY wants US$ 510 for a ticket with VIP parking…………. These guys are crazy.

Marcel Massini

25. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I would agree, that’s crazy. Concorso Italiano is a nice show, but I wouldn’t call it a premiere event by any means. It’s an enthusiasts gathering of lots of cars in a variety of conditions. There are a few great cars mixed in but not many. That price tag is insane.

LARRYH and Thomas Magnum like this.