430 - Only Manual Scuderia | Page 6 | FerrariChat

430 Only Manual Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by FerrariFR33458, Feb 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM

I have NO problems saying what I am saying in person Jeff

one4torque likes this.
  2. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I look forward to running into you at an automotive event. Perhaps I’ll buy the beers.

In the meantime try to contain your wild accusations.

driller1 likes this.
  3. driller1

driller1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 14, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I am a business owner in NH, more than 2000 miles away from San Antonio, I first met Art last winter and have done business with him, he has always been straightforward and honest.
    I have nothing to gain in any way regarding his Scud project. Our dealings required trust on both our ends, and he has not given me any reason to mistrust him.

bamaman and one4torque like this.
  4. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    So the 360 manual parts are the same for a 430?

And there are aftermarket 360 manual parts available?

5. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

pretty much identical with minor differences that can be ignore or modified with minimal tools at your home

no, i didn't see any aftermarket parts except those stick balls

6. BrandonE

BrandonE Rookie

May 22, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Brandon Edwards
    #131 BrandonE, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Guys please leave one4torque alone, it was not my intention to drag him into anything. I am going to take his response as he knew Art was mutilating his car. I simply wanted to know because Art said there were customers with incomplete cars that were threatening to sue me directly. I wanted to know if a replica pedal ended up in his car it did not come back on me if he was unaware. I tried to PM him but he did not respond and wanted to be sure he got the message. I want to make sure Art doesn't have any one suing me for his actions.

I never promised any one timelines or took any deposits, I have not been paid for any parts I have made for any of the Ferrari's and I have no obligations to EAG or Art. Art will not get any parts for the cars until I have my title and am paid in full. I even told Art if he needed the parts before he could get my title he could buy the car back for 15k.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Oh boy, need to run to the grocery store for my Jolly Time popcorn...this is getting interesting.

E60 M5 likes this.
  8. BrandonE

BrandonE Rookie

May 22, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Brandon Edwards
    Bdearmas3 likes this.
  9. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Thx Brandon. My car was just in for an oil change, and minor svc.

I’m not part of this rodeo.

I’m working w the shop to get my car back just like it arrived.

Please don’t use me or my car as leverage in any capacity.

Good luck w your endeavors.

10. BrandonE

BrandonE Rookie

May 22, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Brandon Edwards
    The ECU from a scud can not be used in the 430. The Scuderia has an ion module. The 430 has knock sensors. The timing would be too advanced and the knock sensors do not have a fast enough response time.

11. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

Thank you so much for the info. Is there anything else that is immediately obvious that the scud ecu can't be used?

12. BrandonE

BrandonE Rookie

May 22, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Brandon Edwards
    The computers are actually the same but the flash is different. Throttle bodies are different size so the A/F ratios would be wrong. The coils are different for ion sensing.

From what I understand the scud it had a slight change to the bevel of the gears which allowed faster engagement and then the TCU could be tuned to operate with a lower clutch disengagement timing.

What are you trying to accomplish?

13. Merrick Harding

BANNED

Mar 22, 2018
    Art doesn't need YOU or your parts so i think its time to move on. Going on a smear campaign, giving away secrets, while trying to extort Art for money isn't going to do you any good, especially since you already received your cease and desist letter and continue to try and do so....

Also why dont you also tell these fine gentlemen in this group how you were getting PAID 30 dollars an hour and collecting checks at the end of each job. Even the ones you ****ed up, Next time make sure the axle is all the way in when doing a honda, but then again double checking the legitimacyof your work is nothing new...

And lets be clear, Art had no issues paying you, you just decided you dont want to work and want people to make money for you.

Just because you copied a computer and installed a wire doesnt make you the tech or creator of anything like you keep claiming... as a matter of fact i have video of how much work you actually put into the last two F430 conversions... you seem to be nowhere to be found because instead of helping, youre at home "making parts" but could never produce them in time.

And another thing, take my photo off Ferrari chat! I did not give you that photo, that photo is my intellectual property and i did not give you permission to use it.

bamaman likes this.
  14. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/scuderia-f1-actuator-indeed-different-than-normal-f430.603559/

i am trying to see if a conversion to SF2 is possible or in other words, feasible.

so far my understanding is ( if i dont care about gear ratio) :

1. somehow replace regular 430's gearbox control forks. This is very confusing in the parts diagram
    2. replace the f1 actuator
    3. replace the TCU
    4. to match that TCU, replace the igntion ECU ---- that means to make changes to the knock sensor too, and the MAF

can you think of anything else?

15. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    It's technically more complicated than this, we can discuss it offline if you want.

As for the original gated project I was happy to help support the project technically, I. E working on the original 1st gated Scud, putting in significant effort into conversion of the Bosch software patches and calibrations so it could actually be called a Scud and not just a Scud running 430 software ( without all the Scud ecu control and ion sensing etc.). Without conversion of the original firmware this would have been a different car to drive.

In my dealings with Brandon and Art I never had any issues but since no money changed hands its easy in that situation to have no problems. I found Brandon to be technically very good with excellent knowledge and it's a shame that the relationship has broken down to an irreconcilable position it seems. Please everyone stop slinging mud in public. Sort it out like grown men, don't hide behind lawyers, try to do the right thing!

After looking at everything presented so far I think it's fair so say Art has a 'significant past history' which is available to anyone who does a paid search on his real name. Not that this should makes difference whatsoever to future dealing (everyone can make mistakes in life, its learning from them that's the key, not slipping back into bad ways). If he puts it in the past, great. I actually wish him and Brandon well and hope both gents can reflect on their own actions and how they have been treated or treated each other, now and into the future (only you guys truely knows what you've both done or not done to each other, do the right thing for your own karma! ). Honestly and integrity really should come before profit. You only get one reputation and you should defend it with your life. It takes years to build one up and hours to destroy. Amen.

16. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #141 f355spider, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
    I largely agree with your analysis, but when you add up the history of criminal and civil cases (TX and NJ), and the most recent criminal case (which he is out on bond), seems concerning if one has any pending business dealings. Appears the arrest on the charge was just a few months ago:
    B201904599 01 28 2019 1745 BARTOSIK, ARTHUR W M 05 17 85 SAN ANTONIO, TX. 00000 TX0150000
    WARR W1677699 J1890248 CM 056619 F3 THEFT $30,000 TO < $ REL’D ON BOND DPEREZ 15000.00
    ATTORNEY OF RECORD: NO ATTORNEY FOUND FOR JN 1890248.

If this was all a few years ago, I would agree with you, but a few months ago? I think the old adage of "buyer beware" applies.
    One disclaimer*: While I am not a fan of the 430 Scuderia conversion, nor the endless marketing and hype, I do find Art a really entertaining guy in his videos on YouTube and he is obviously a very talented technician.

17. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Wow, I assume that is Art? How in the world did you get that picture?

18. Merrick Harding

BANNED

Mar 22, 2018
    Because BrandonE stole it from me and used it without permission

19. Merrick Harding

BANNED

Mar 22, 2018
    #144 Merrick Harding, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
    Keep the post but please remove Arts address, thank you

20. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yes, Art made a polite request in a PM, and I have alerted the moderators, as I did not realize that was the case. I cannot edit my post after 15 min, after that time has passed, the posts are locked

Merrick Harding likes this.
  21. BrandonE

BrandonE Rookie

May 22, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Brandon Edwards
  22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Be careful European Auto Group and Art Bartosik. Do your own research, just my personal experience tried to underhandedly create an alias, spam our board, and then when we moderated him accused us of being unprofessional. To me that is just insight into his personal ethics and morals.

Flea7 and rennspeed like this.
  23. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    I’m still waiting for the 468 mt conversion. Remember that thread.... waiting....

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat