612 / 599 Cross Reference, Interchangeable Parts Source Thread | FerrariChat

612 / 599 Cross Reference, Interchangeable Parts Source Thread

Discussion in '612/599' started by Nospinzone, Jul 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    John, aka Cribbj, suggested we should copy the thread he set up in the 456/550/575 forum, so I'm going to plagiarize the work he has already done. :)

The rules are simple - please post only about part cross references, OEM part numbers, sources, etc. Do not post questions unrelated to parts. Limit the posts to include a description of the part, the Ferrari part number, and the equivalent OEM or other car manufacturer part number. If photos are available of the Ferrari part and the equivalent replacement those are welcome also. This "format" makes it easy to use the FChat Search function for the Ferrari P/N's and/or Descriptions if the P/N is unknown.

I'll start with this info recently provided by TheCook.

Wiper motor
    Denso 159200
    either a 159200-7630 or 159200-8000 will work for the 612 (same one as used on the 458)

RonH, crinoid and Modena_2003 like this.
  2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If you have a broken window switch, my passenger side broke, this do it yourself repair really works. It was posted by a former member here. His post -

Here are some pics of the switch repair.

The first picture shows my first attempt using JB Weld plastic weld. It failed as it just plain isn't strong enough to rebuild those tabs.

The 2nd and 3rd picture show the preferred and working solution. Simply insert your toggles into the switch base using just the one remaining side knub. Then carefully apply some black RTV to both sides. Carefully press a little RTV against both the toggle and the plate and let a little go underneath and between the two. The trick here is not to put too much so as to make the switch toggling resistance too high. The good news is that you can just take a pic or a razor blade and adjust how much you keep on, even after the RTV has cured. And if you extend it up along the sides too far, simply remove some after.

I don't expect to ever have switch problems again. And if these get bumped, they will still stay in place my virtue of the RTV''s compliance and adhesion properties.

$1,600 saved! Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rynoshark, tame, crinoid and 2 others like this.
  3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Here's a possible replacement for the SD2, SD3 and Leonardo. You can see the full thread here- https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/can-this-be-replacement-to-sd3-or-sd2-tools.606759/

I bought this fox reader initially to reset the light service for my wife Maserati Levante..
    Then I purchased another download for Ferrari

Took me a while to find the obd2 port on the 612.. I was very impressed Tons of self tests , controls features and live data etc.. to good to be true lol..

some pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

crinoid likes this.
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    gsholz
    I'm in the process to zero out the maintenance on my newly acquired 599. One item is to change the coolant. Pretty straightforward. Remove the two coolant hoses from the water pump to drain. To fill, the workshop manual shows to remove the bleeder hose from the top of the radiator. Why? The bleeder hose runs directly to the header tank, so should bleed the radiator just fine during filling. That hose has one of those single use clamps on it. I don't think it has ever been off.

[​IMG]
    Changed the coolant. For anyone who is interested, there is no need to take off the bleed hose from the radiator. Just leave some space for the air to escape when you place the funnel in the header tank to refill. Once you have the front undercover off (29 screws), changing the oil and the coolant is straightforward. With a Quicklift you'll have to lower the car again to get the undercover out. Kind of a two-step process.

yelcab
    While you don't have to remove the coolant bleed hose, the fact that the one time use clamp is on there means it's original and probably on its way out. It's either cracking or swelling up inside. It would benefit you to actually change that hose, and use a regular hose clamp on it.

5. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Unfortunately it is in Dutch, but I made a list with all the Bosch parts in a 612. Including the Bosch part numbers.

Attached Files:

rynoshark, bay, Aknl and 1 other person like this.
  6. RegW

RegW Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    London
    Fantastic - can you also share the pdf of the other parts you found?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks to RegW for this info -

612 Ash Tray

Jan 10,2020
    The plastic rim broke - any idea if there's a replacement from another car that's more readily available?

Jan 26, 2020
    Eureka! After doing a Google image search on "Alfa Romeo 2004 lighter ashtray", I found the one from the Brera particularly similar. I ordered one and it fits perfectly!

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/612-ash-tray.615163/#post-147009584

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    From Makuono -

Finally I managed to repair my 612's broken F1 lever, using Hill Eng part. This part is made of billet Alu, instead of cast (correct me if I'm wrong) original part - see pictures.

As others said before, it is an easy process:
    1- turn car bat killer switch off
    2- remove 4x bolts holding the module to the console
    3- once module is out, turn it upside down and remove brown plastic cover (caution)
    4- remove 1x center bolt that tights the electronic board and lever mechanism together
    5- remove 1x bolt that holds the broken piece to the lever chrome plastic cover - this is a very small bolt - Torx T6. It was a headache to remove it.
    6- clean all gently
    7- reverse steps and enjoy your "new" F1 module - remember that now you need to pull up and push back if you want to reverse the car! :)

Ricardo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Makuono likes this.
  9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    From brogenville and converted to a Word doc by Taz -

Robin- Great stuff. Saved to hard drive. Here is a word version.

Attached Files:
    Taz, Terry Phillips
    Present: 575M 135171 Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

danmano and brogenville like this.
  10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    From Always Irreverent Megan -

Looking for a less expensive way to replace the failing hood struts on my 612, I stumbled across these on ebay. They are for an Alfa Romeo 164 apparently. Manufactured by Magneti Marelli, they are only $21 plus $10 shipping for a pair. Installed them tonight. Perfect fit. And now my hood stays up!

Here's a link to the person selling these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-MM-Tailgate-Trunk-Gas-Shock-2x-Struts-Fits-ALFA-ROMEO-164-Sedan-60591762/122536768448?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

From Camp Freddie -

February 2021 and the link still working. Just a follow up on this and a big thanks to the OP - I too took a punt on these, I think 20- quid ish sterling from ebay Latvia and they arrived yesterday via UK to me here in Doha.

Perfect fit and yes I took the additional advice above and the old worn bonnet/hood struts I removed I then swapped with my worn out boot/trunk struts and amazingly they work like new too!

Bloody excellent result - thanks again OP.

Feels like a new car....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Camp Freddie and Makuono like this.
  11. Viktor612

Viktor612 Rookie

Aug 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Viktor Tikhomirov
    Nospinzone likes this.
  12. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula
    What’s the price difference between the Sachs and oem unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Viktor612

Viktor612 Rookie

Aug 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Viktor Tikhomirov
    ОEM - $780, Sachs - $110

MRY and brogenville like this.
  14. powersteer

powersteer Rookie

Sep 13, 2020
    Does anyone know what's the cross reference part number for:

612 ZF Sachs shock absorber to ZF Sachs part number
    612 brake disc and pads to Brembo part number

15. Shiva_Austria

Shiva_Austria Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Austria
    you could search for the brake discs from the Subaru Impreza WRC - they are the same

Viktor612 and brogenville like this.
  16. powersteer

powersteer Rookie

Sep 13, 2020
    thank you, which year are those cars from?

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  18. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would like to figure out which stereo components are interchangeable from 599 to 612 so I can offer some goodies for the 612 folks.

Nospinzone likes this.
  19. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
  20. powersteer

powersteer Rookie

Sep 13, 2020
    Do you have the Sachs part numbers for the pressure plate too?

21. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    68308800 Plate For Door Lock (Old Part #67877100) -> Maserati 85321500

for Ferrari 612 , 430 and 599

brogenville likes this.
  22. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013