430 Scuds that don’t sell for years | Page 3 | FerrariChat

430 Scuds that don’t sell for years

Discussion in '360/430' started by OneFastM3, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    yeah the Pozzi Blue at CNC is on consignment, been for sale for a LONG time

2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Its off their website now FWIW.

3. Sales@CNCMOTORS

Sales@CNCMOTORS Formula 3

Aug 10, 2011
    Upland, California
    Full Name:
    Ira
    Hey Guys, I retailed that Pozi Blue Scud back in 2013 to someone out of California. He had it for a year or so. SF Sports cars ended up with the car recently. We recently did a deal with SF Sports Car where one of his good customers was interested in of our cars and we ended up doing a deal taking in the Pozzi Scud in on trade (SF and the customer are really close and he had it on consignment with him). We recently wholesaled the Pozzi Blue Scud to another dealer locally that we do business with and it is not on our website. Scuds online can vary $100,000+ and I think that is way they have been slow movers. Not to long ago they were all what seemed to be over $200k and have since been all over the place.....

LARRYH likes this.
  4. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    I was watching that Scud for a while also. It was at Manheim for about 10k cheaper then CNC and then when it came off the CNC site, it was listed online for about $149,000 or so... I thought that was a good deal and I loved the color combo.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

LightGuy likes this.
  5. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
  6. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    IT always come down to price ... for the right price everything sells ..
    I know of some that have been for sale for years nothing wrong with them but just way over priced .. one thing is the 2009s are favored more than the 2008 as the US cars had the full carbon package included which is really nice .. and for what ever reason the black cars seem to be sale proof ... the white car is a 2008 I think ...red sells...if priced to the condition

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    yeah I agree I am on my 2nd scud I bought one on FCHAT in 2012 or 2013 and sold it in 2017 for a little more than I paid for it(around 200) then decided to buy another and paid just a little less than what I sold the first one.. for and I am thrilled with the price and the car if I can own a car like the scud and not lose money on it I am happy ...

vinny84 likes this.
  8. OneFastM3

OneFastM3 Rookie

Nov 5, 2006
    I bought the white 08 so it’s gone now.

9. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    jehu999 likes this.
  10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Welcome to the wolf pack! Are you going to freshen up the yellowing clear bra / panels?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jehu999 likes this.
  11. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    I kinda like it, except the steering wheel, that would look better in black

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    So what would be a fair/realistic price for a Red 08 Scud with less than 15K miles today?

13. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
  14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I would say if it is nice and has the carbon package which included the engine compartment and defusers etc.... 175 or so .maybe 185...
    I paid 195 for a 2009 with under 10k miles for comparison about 4 months ago... with all the right options ...fully serviced and they installed new tires for me (old tires were just old)

ShineKen, flash32 and rennspeed like this.
  15. OneFastM3

OneFastM3 Rookie

Nov 5, 2006
    Not that one. The one at continental. And I asked them to remove the clear bra so yes it will be brand new.

alum04org likes this.
  16. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #66 RichardCH, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    If you don't track it, the Scud is still a Sunday mornings car only, with antiquated technology and there are so many more alternatives than previously, at the 200k price point, which are much more modern/spouse/driver friendly, better alternatives probably means falling prices = reality check. Mclaren didn't exist in 2008, my 2016 991 gt3RS is a massively more enjoyable drive etc, the world has moved on

17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    How do these prices in the US compare to gated 430s similar condition/mileage?

18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    In all fairness, when I posted a GT3/RS vs Scuderia thread on Rennlist, most Porsche-philes recommended a Scuderia.

We understand you owned a Scuderia for many years, so I'm sure alot of your opinion comes from having advantages of a new car with many of the same attributes verses a car you were tired of....but the depreciation on the 991.1 RS has been massive, 2-2.5 years ago they were $240k cars all day, now they are $160k cars every hour.

19. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    I have had my scud for 5 years now, so by most metrics on fchat I should be tired of it by now, but I wouldn't trade it for a 991.1 or .2 GT3RS. I have a lot of seat time in both cars, and daily drive a .2 GT3T, and am a big Porsche nut having owned one since I was 17. RS is a much better track car (and a more comfortable street car), but I think the scud is a more fun, "sense of occasion" street car. I have been on a waitlist for the RS for 2 years, and my number comes up for the next one, but I wouldn't let go of my scud to get it.

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Not to mention the unique look of the Scud. Still looks sexy inside and out. Sounds phenomenal. You rarely see one on the roads unless there was a car event going on.

Richard, I know you love your new GT3RS, but your Scud was phenomenal looking. A better looking car imo.

LARRYH likes this.
  21. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Themaven and ShineKen like this.
  22. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Gotta say...me too!! Find myself looking to drive my 430 spider more and more after 12 years of owning one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Themaven likes this.
  23. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i love scuds.
    i would not be paying 200k for one.
    like richard said earlier, there are so many choices at that price point, that the scud does not really stand out.
    you want a track weapon - choose a macca thats cheaper
    you want a cruiser- choose a 458 thats cheaper
    you want a touring car - choose a 599 thats cheaper
    you want a buy-and-hold future value candidate - choose a cs thats the same price

etc etc. there are very few automotive needs, if any, where the answer is only scud.

Adamas, sc170 and Themaven like this.
  24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I'd love to pick up a 458 @ 150-170k, but it does not mean I'd buy one to replace the Scuderia because the driving experience is so different. Those who insist that there are so many alternatives that deliver the same kind of driving experience in the same price bracket have no idea / 1st hand knowledge of what they're talking about.

If you know, you know.

DirtyScud, Caeruleus11 and LARRYH like this.
  25. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I agree with that - cs, scud etc do have distinct personalities even vs newer models that “can do everything better”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and LARRYH like this.