430 - No radio or indicators? | FerrariChat

430 No radio or indicators?

Discussion in '360/430' started by CarAholic, Jul 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Anyone experience a normally operating car but the turn signals and radio do not work. Been a couple weeks since o have taken her out and everything started up fine and drove fine. However right when I put my indicator on nothing happened. I then realized the radio wasn’t working either. The headlights, high beams, and wipers work fine. The car drives 100% as normal so I do not believe it to be the battery. Any one else experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Ok just to update the thread and help anyone in the future. I tracked it down to a 20amp blown fuse behind the passenger seat. However every time I replaced it the fuse instantly blew. Well after multiple trial and errors I narrowed it down to the cigarette lighter. It somehow managed to shake itself loose. After I completely removed the cigarette lighter every thing functions properly. Hopefully this saves someone a headache in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red 27 and whatheheck like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ha, interesting, good to know!

4. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Good sleuthing and good for anyone in the future with similar issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5. JonM

JonM Karting

Oct 31, 2017
    South Gippsland, Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jon Maratos
    I had the same problem last year after plugging a USB charger into the lighter socket. Seemed it shorted the connections and blew the fuse. Took a while to find the right fuse, especially working on it on the side of the road :(. At least I had the full toolkit in the frunk.

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Great job determining root cause!

Dan

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk