Battery problems, California 2010 | FerrariChat

Battery problems, California 2010

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Ted972, Jun 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ted972

Ted972 Rookie

Jun 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted Diamonte
    1) can you use standard trickle charger connected directly to battery terminals rather than charger set up in trunk??
    2) with new battery I get "manettino failure" and electrical failure go to dealer" lots of noise when I hit start button but starter motor does not seem to engage at all??? any ideas? anybody??

2. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    To the great responders out there, it’d be great to hear about the ‘lots of noise when I hit the start button’ as well as the answer to the OP’s question. I get that occasionally too. Not a good sound at all!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Andy, OP...Maybe a video with sound? My Cali makes a lot of noise when I mash the red button, but (touch wood), thus far, the good kind of noise. A sound recording might be useful...T

4. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Mine is very random but I’ll start shooting video each time I crank her up to see if I can catch it. It’s almost reminiscent of in a regular car when the engine is on and you turn the key. I wait a few seconds and press engine start again and it’s fine. Troublesome sound though.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Aha. I think I gotcha...T

6. treue

treue Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Tom Treue
    My 430 would do that (lots of (disturbing) noise at start). It would eat batteries (one per year). Turned out it was an almost-dead-battery. If you let it go long enough, you will kill the battery, hence, the regular replacement of batteries in my experience (Did this on a BMW M3, too.) and witnessed in Carfax reports. Solution was to install a CTek battery tender wired directly to the battery. Battery lasted until I burned the car and was always ready to start the car.

Tom

tomc and AD211 like this.
  7. Ted972

Ted972 Rookie

Jun 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted Diamonte
    Anybody know how to do an oil change on a 2010 Ferrari Cali, 2010?

8. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    There’s a couple YouTube videos of how to
    Just DON’T OVERFILL!!!!
    Better a little low than high