FORMULA 1 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    You are absolutely right but Hamilton is persuaded to be the GOAT and the only way he has to prove this is going to Ferrari and winning it's seven championship.

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Vettels spins, come off the track, looks for excuses, gets beaten by a younger team mate and loses motivation.
    It's plain to see he isn't the same as he was at Red Bull years ago; he has lost motivation.
    I cannot see Wolff giving up the driver who has brought the most success to Mercedes in its whole history, to recruit Vettel.
    Mercedes has races to win, records to break and they know they won't obtain that with a fading star, even with several WDCs to his name.

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Agreed. I’m a fan but he needs to lead and finish P1. He must do this! Go Bottas :)

daytona355 likes this.
  4. DF1

Vettel in the same sentence as Mercedes LOL

5. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    A 4xWDC a Loser??? And you complain about others dismissing the achievements of multiple WDCs... your posts getting more and more ridiculous by the day...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    How much coke was he on when he made that comment

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    4x titles in a car with far more competition...but very handily beating his teammate at least.
    Unlike the other bloke.

stavura, daytona355 and P.Singhof like this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Has he ever said that, or is it just wishful thinking on your part ?

9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Very good post!
    There is more than driving/riding fast.
    The results often come from the ability to select the right team.

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And people say he ran away from competition to Ferrari but "that other bloke" is considered a genius going from a semi-works team on descend to a full works team were Nikki convinced him they will be ahead as soon as the new regulations come in... certainly has nothing to do with frustration not being the favorite kid at McLaren anymore when they saw Button is just as good scoring more points over 3 years... but some paint the world in the colours they want

stavura, Bas and daytona355 like this.
  11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Some people only have eyes for the little ballerina and will make up any ******** to make themselves feel vindicated. I’m just glad Ferrari have never bought into any of the ******** and have never ever shown any interest in hiring the dumbass... anyone could do what Elton’s done in the Mercedes, fastest car by a country mile and the position of team leader given him, giving him the bias of management and engineering, and still he got beat by Rosberg, and needed absolute bias and help to overcome the chap.... lapdog bottles hired in order to placate him that there won’t be much challenge from the second car, and some days (like today) can’t even beat him! Hehehehehehe, what a chump, I mean champ,

Nortonious likes this.
  12. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Correct.
    Hamilton has certainly been in the right car and right team, courtesey of Lauda's power of persuasion

P.Singhof likes this.
  13. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    He first read my post from 4 months ago here: I hinted Vettel & Hamilton would swap seats!

14. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Too funny , met Eddie back in the day , found him super irritating , hasn’t gotten better with age

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Might be the name... I saw interviews with Eddie Irvine and I found him weird as well

Bas likes this.
  16. pappy.72

pappy.72 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2010
    Elgin, IL
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Anyone else looking forward to LeClerc and Verstappen going into turn one next to each other? Should be some good “race incidents” from someone.

Sunracer and Nortonious like this.
  17. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Gotta tell you , he is awkward at best , an acquired taste for sure , not someone I would hang out with

18. DF1

#93 DF1, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    No one is a genius, but Vettel was well beaten at Red Bull and left and has not won a title since and in fact, has lost 2 almost on his own.

Button did well vs LH but in strict terms was never considered a WDC contendor. In the right car he won did he not?? Vettel has taken a good car and lost. Has a verfied lack of race craft on display. Anger management issues. I really dont think I should add to this but why not LOL - Drive poorly under pressure. LH he is not. GO CHARLES! :)

william and bmwracer like this.
  19. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I suppose the only nice thing of NASCAR is there are no stewarts.

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #95 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Yep should be interesting first few laps. Leclerc has a chance to jump one or even both of the Mercs on the soft tyres, lets see.

Vettel looked like a beaten man after qualy , he really needs to move over asap,any more screw ups/spins etc then surely they have to go for a replacement ?

ingegnere likes this.
  21. ferrariforevervp

Sep 22, 2006
    Indeed! In particular, why reds for Leclerc when he was already leading in Q2?? Another strategy blunder from Ferrari?

22. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Eddie was funny as...... really great chap actually, always laughing, always happy to chat... when I arranged for my cousin, who had non-Hodgkins, to meet the then Jaguar Racing team (as Paul Stewart suffered the same condition) Eddie was brilliant with him, sat him in his F1 car, talked through strategies and how it all worked (and Simon was in his 20’s, not a kid, and 6’5!).

He was a better driver than we all remember, but I think he had trouble concentrating too hard when things weren’t going his way!

Bas likes this.
  23. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I think Vettel's replacement at Ferrari will be either Max or Lewis. If Lewis stays at Mercedes, Max will go to Ferrari. If Lewis goes to Ferrari, Max will go to Mercedes. Vettel will just retire. The empty seat at Red Bull could go several different ways. Maybe Alonzo if he wants to come back? Maybe Lando Norris? Maybe Ocon? Maybe Hulkenberg? Maybe Bottas?

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    That's a great story. Always liked him and his no-nonsense attitude.

He just had the misfortune to drive alongside Schumacher, who was in his prime, and would've made anyone look average.

daytona355 likes this.
  25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +100000

daytona355 likes this.