FORMULA 1 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That was ...6 years ago.
    2019 is NOW !!!

2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    As I wrote during the Austria race, Leclerc is going from strength to strength as he gains experience in the team, gets the team begins him and capitalizes on improvements to the car.

Vettel on the other hand just can't drive around any issue with car and of he was still the lead driver, we'd all be talking about how Ferrari is a demoralizing 7 tenths behind the Mercs instead of being within a tenth. Makes you wonder what the car was capable of the last two years of it was in the hands of another lead driver and if an aging Kimi could get a victory with it.

DF1 and william like this.
  3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And how many year did Lewis not win a title after his first? I do not remember him being called a loser and past his prime for that and his car was close as well at times.
    It is funny how people call others haters when not liking Lewis but do not have a problem bashing everybody else, be it Seb, Fernando or Michael...that just says a lot about them and their double standards.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  4. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Oh stop it now. I've been telling you all for years now, Vettel sucks. He hasn't done **** at Ferrari. Take him out with the trash thathe is.

william and ingegnere like this.
  5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Not since Tony Stewart retired;)

Terra likes this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Saves me typing it....exactly! The double standards are amazing.

daytona355 likes this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Vettel has FAILED to win a title in car that was capable and not just 1 year now almost 3. The difference between him and FA in the Ferrari is 'glaring'. As far as LH vs Vettel there is not much of a comparison to make to me as an F1 fan, and not a significant fan of LH or Vettel. Vettel is simply NOT the better of the 2 and in fact is ranked well below him so far in this season according to most of the press. I wont deny the good work LH does or the credit he deserves in the objective sense in comparison to a driver who has lost in a good car and lacks the race craft to close the deal in a winning car he has under him now!

As a Ferrari fan he is simply a disappointment in most areas that matter. There is not much to explain about Vettel. Its on display and on recordings avail about what he has failed to do. He no longer deserves the seat as he he is continuing to lack the capability to take advantage of the car given to him with his lack of anger management and driving mistakes. He consistently makes mistakes and LH does not. So goooooooooooooooood luck to all the Vettel fans. I gave up after his stupid and childish radio rant in Mexico and further disgust with his behavior after Canada. He is beyond over rated.

ingegnere and william like this.
  8. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    How long can Ferrari hold Leclerc back before he starts looking for another ride?

Ferrari might need *two* new drivers, next year.

william likes this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari never had the best car. It was always the Mercedes. The Ferrari got neutered very early on last year (Baku!) when it started to make it a bit harder for Mercedes. Only occasionally over the last few years was the Ferrari a match for the Mercedes. But a better car? No.

Neither Lewis or Vettel are drivers that can consistently get more from the car that what it's capable of IMO, something that few other drivers can. 1 of those left the grid last year. Verstappen is the other.

Vettel quite clearly to me is a very quick driver still. But in the 2nd fastest car of the grid against a driver of about equal ability he will not win titles. Alonso or Max would've.

Doesn't make him slow or useless. All he's done in the last few years was lose the title a few races earlier.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Good morning.....

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Vettel is a joke

william likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yep, but there are still people who think Vettel is the dogs

WARNING:

Following the British GP, I have taken Vettel off my list of the top 5 drivers AT THE MOMENT

I am looking for a replacement in my list, which is

Bottas
    Leclerc
    Hamilton
    Verstappen

13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Norris.

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Not that Seb only lost a podium, now he is even off williams list.. how can he live on with this? :rolleyes:

daytona355 likes this.
  15. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Most glaring difference between Vettel and FA is his relative speed to RAI and the huge number of stupid mistakes and unforced spins.

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

A bit early perhaps, but he could be considered.

If his results improve this year, possibly Ricciardo could return among the top 5.