If you were a rodent... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

If you were a rodent...

Discussion in '308/328' started by F129b, May 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    I don't have to worry about rodents eating in the engine bay. There are better alternatives in the passenger room.
    Just pushed the passenger seat forward and found some French Fries (Pommes Frites for Bruno) from our last McDonald's DriveIn visit.

Best from Germany
    Martin

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Martin...
    Living at a stone's throw from Elsass and you go to the McDo drive in? Schāme dich! A nice Winstub is surely a better alternative...(admittedly, more difficult to stay sober...).
    Rgds

3. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Bruno,
    it even was a McDonald's in Strasbourg :) And in our region it is a kind of spectacle driving through McDonald's in an old Ferrari :)
    Do you manage talking 'Elsässisch'?
    Best
    Martin

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I know: I do indeed go to the McDo "drive in" from time to time, but with the GTS only: it works better with the top off, the GTB is too low, the roof makes it difficult.
    Yes, I manage Elsässich rather well, bur only after some days here "in immersion". Made my military service in Haguenau in 1983-1984, after a year I was, let's say, "passable" (but easier to understand than to speak). One of my best friends is from Mulhouse.
    Rgds

5. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    I just asked, because what we are talking here is more Elsässisch than school German. Badisch-Alemannisch. For a 'foreigner' it would probably be the same, what he hears on both border sides :)
    So when we eventually meet some day -hiwwe oder driwwe- we will have great conversation :)

Best
    Martin

wax likes this.
  6. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Ditto for me. :(

7. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Back in my early computer days (Solid core), there were a number of articles saying electricity passing through computer wires/networks emitted just the right frequency that rats/mice thought they were being solicited for {ahem} breeding.
    So what's a little nip on the cord to get the action started?

8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, "mine" (or the one living in my garden...) managed to go twice to the vet this week-end, on Saturday with the 328 GTB and on Monday with the 328 GTS; for a stray Tomcat, going twice to the vet in a week-end, with two different Ferraris, not bad!
    See my post in "What have you done to your Ferrari today?"

Rgds

Martin308GTB likes this.