e-type part questions | FerrariChat

e-type part questions

Discussion in 'British' started by ross, Jul 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    we are trying to pull together the project to make the fire damaged e-type into something.
    my suggestion for a lightweight is vying with my father's desire for an eagle type speedster.....

so we need to identify some sources for parts. we already peruse the usual sites, but have not found a couple things we need.

- looking for ready made rear fenders that are pushed out and flared. these used to be offered by moss but no longer. anybody know who might still have these? i am trying to avoid having them hammered out bespoke.

- if we do the lightweight, then we need those massive rear wheels, which i think i can find in the usual places (but tips on that appreciated as well). but if we go the speedster route, then we need equally large wire wheels. i dont think dayton makes them that big.....does anybody else?

2. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
  3. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
  4. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I too would recommend Monocoque. Also, Classic Jaguar in TX as they do restoration and make alloy bodies repros (http://classicjaguar.com)

Best!

5. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thanks. i saw their website when i was searching, but it looked like they only did oem panels.
    but, if they know how to do a lightweight rear panel, then they can do this.

meanwhile back at the workshop....we showed the metal worker that does work for tzikuris the pics, and he says he can do it....and for cheap....inclined to let him have a wack at it.

6. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    biggest dayton rears seem to be 9.5" so maybe we will just go with that to make things easier.
    but if anybody knows of wires in the 10-11" range please let me know.

7. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  8. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Non problem , yes it’s in the shop and not an eagle . This is a project we did ourselves