FORMULA 1 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 13 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I like is attitude and moreover his willingness to engage with the media and SF supporters but for me he seems to be a techno geek (Sheldon !) and more comfortable with the technical side of things. What's needed is a person who can lead, instil confidence, take difficult decisions and above all be a wily as a fox. He doesn't have to be a technocrat, just someone who commands respect.

chrixxx and crinoid like this.
  2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    :D be careful, statements like this can start a war!

Tony
    ps very little damage to both cars with was surprising given the impact

pps - whats even more worrying is SF seems to be going backwards in development

3. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Reminded me of this...

4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I vote for more penalty points and his eventual release to another job in life

ATBNM3, jcm12, nsxrebel and 2 others like this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    An observation and a question. That was the most entertaining boring race I have ever watched. Is it possible that the Red Bull car itself is actually superior to the Ferrari?

6. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Hamilton in his home gran Prix: fights for position, leads with confidence, make no mistakes, fastest lap with used hard tires in the last lap of the race!

Vettel in his home Gran Prix (last year): makes a basic mistake while leading. :rolleyes:

Please, call back Kimi, Alonso, or even Button or Barrichello, but Sheettel must go back to his home in Thurgau... Or wherever the place in Baden-Würthemberg... Just leave Maranello please!!!!

ATBNM3, nsxrebel, jcm12 and 2 others like this.
  7. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Are you kidding? Of course it's not the car, it's the driver! Max is extremely talented, Seb is just talented into-retirement driver.

ATBNM3 and Bas like this.
  8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I guess we can now call Leclerc "Third Place Charles". He's still behind Vettel on points, but I suspect not for long. If you can't win, at least be the best of the rest.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  9. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

What did I tell you..... a fake safety car, iffy decisions, and Mercedes favoritism allowing Elton past the man that deserved the pole and win, bottles... what a farce

stavura, G. Pepper, TonyL and 5 others like this.
  12. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004

Thank you for answering that. Yes, Jules was speeding under VSC when it was coming down pretty hard.

Should have given grid penalties for next race instead.

Ferrari need to just bin Vettel instead and bring back Alonso, or give that seat to anyone else.

Heck, Alonso needs to come back to any of the top 3 teams.

WilyB likes this.
  13. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Watched the highlights, what did we learn from this race ? Last luck smiling on Hamilton , Bottas put on a good show , Leclrec and Verstappen the future stars of F1 , Norris needs some more work and Vettel has no racecraft left in him , not worth the 47mill he is getting paid .

ATBNM3 likes this.
  14. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Watching LeClerc battle Max was the highlight of the race. An absolutely thrilling battle. I loved watching LeClerc's elbows come out. It sucks he drives for a team that spends every waking moment of the race trying to find a way to **** him out of a good result.

ATBNM3, TonyL, lagunacc and 3 others like this.
  15. DF1

On today circuit at Silverstone it was quite the even match......

ATBNM3, william and sampelligrino like this.
  16. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Tour de France>Wimbledon>Cricket World Cup>Sunday afternoon cake with my mother in law....
    F1 doesn't fit in the row, it fits in the garbage can. :D

17. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Ferrari should replace Binotto with Clair Williams and Vettel with Kubica. Who knows...we've got nothing to lose at this point by trying it.

Jeronimo GTO and DF1 like this.
  18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But he was with all four over the white line -> off track by definition

nsxrebel likes this.
  19. DF1

Are you paying him a compliment lol??? :)

ATBNM3 and Bas like this.
  20. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    #320 root, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Getting tired of Binotto and team screwing Charles over with their piss poor decisions "strategy" and slow pit work then telling him to "stay focoosed". SF should consider outsourcing their tire changes to Red Bull or Mercedes.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hell, I can crash a race car for half that much!

ATBNM3 likes this.
  22. yamashek

yamashek Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Stopped watching F1 between race 4-5 this year. Already know the top 3 or 5 finishers ahead of the races. No regrets. Mercedes/Hamilton will most likely win the championship this year. Ferrari team's performance this year is quite subpar.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. PBT58

PBT58 Karting

Jul 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Peter T
    Even though the outcome wasn't what many of us hoped for, the race was fun to watch.
    My observations (sorry for redundancy)...

1. The Leclerc & Verstappen wheel to wheel battle was awesome! Really excited for this rivalry over the next 5 years.
    2. Vettel has lost his edge. Fading into Grosjean territory. Time to move on. Indy Car?
    3. Hamilton getting that fastest lap with 30 lap old Hard Tires tells me Mercedes is toying with the field.

24. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He'd be ahead of Seb if Ferrari didn't actively screw him 5 times out of the first 6 races. Nevermind the win we would have bagged if his engine didn't break.

25. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Seb has always driven with his head up his ass when it comes to pressure. His very first wreck in F1 knocked Webber off the podium for no particular reason.

ATBNM3 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.