360 - Samcrac salvage 360 Modena Spider - Verde British Racing | Page 6 | FerrariChat

360 Samcrac salvage 360 Modena Spider - Verde British Racing

Discussion in '360/430' started by krazykarguy, May 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    brogenville, Fenz and INRange like this.
  2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    The actual reason it doesn't work is the software versions are totally incompatible...

181642 was produced in 15th/May/2000 and 201752 was produced in 23rd/Sep/2003, over 3 years later and using different emissions strategies. So maps are different and therefore the left bank would be doing a different AFR than the right bank... fighting each other, hence the misfires...

INRange likes this.
  3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    #128 360trev, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    I assume his car is a Model Year 2000 and they re-flashed it with 181642.

Here is a gift for if he does come back I've just used my SAK tool to dump all of the Ferrari DTC's from 181642.

They are specific to Model Years and roms so he might find this useful, particularly with the number of issues he's having ;)

The great thing about this table is its categorized into LEFT and RIGHT side banks and you can immediately see if the fault is caused by minimum threshold reached, maximum threshold, no signal or non plausible.

Damn formatting doesn't work properly so I will upload a pdf

Attached Files:

4. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    As frustrating as this series is to me I can only imagine how bad it is for you 360trev. The 360 is still one of the best looking Ferrari’s to me. It’s just a shame where this car is heading......

KC360 FL likes this.
  5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    What a rare opp for the world to see the raw insides and architecture of 360 mapping ... I’m sure this level of diag was not meant to be accessible or visible to us mere mortal car blokes!!

KC360 FL likes this.
  6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Very disappointing...

I took the time to post about my proofs about the ECU's on Sams YouTube channel... And guess what? It got deleted. Very unprofessional. Hide the truth, oh dear. Guess they are embarrassed!

7. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Makes him look bad and doesn't support his narrative that any average Joe can buy, rebuild, and maintain a Ferrari.

360trev likes this.
  8. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I just don't like the lack of trust this generates. Everyone makes mistakes, sure. It happens to everyone at some point but to try to hide the undeniable truth after, well it isn't very impressive and reveals how trustworthy the people responsible are.

If he'd wanted to do the average Joe thing I could have shown him how to reflash his ecus without using some 3rd party company it just would not have made as popular a YouTube video. Once SAK tool is out people can repair their ecus themselves for a lot cheaper than any of these companies are offering. I will make it so the average guy can do it plus a whole lot more features and tweaks that nobody else has ever done period.

brogenville, Mimmo Blue and recoil like this.
  9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Agreed. Start your own YouTube channel to counter his misinformation.

10. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    And this is what my original objections were to this whole show. It's the disinformation. The selling of the idea that this purchasing and repairing a Salvage Title Ferrari is a great idea. Putting it out there that it's something that makes sense monetarily and anyone could do it. I get it he makes a few bucks at the expense of those who actually believe his show. But of course it's just a show. And when you present him with the knowledge of how to address these issues correctly, they get deleted because it doesn't make for an increase in "views". Too many here just didn't get it and thought those like myself were just ragging on the guy. But really it's just the disservice he does to the whole idea of DIY by oversimplifying and not presenting repairs in the proper way-- which would actually be a real service to his viewers.

PS: patiently awaiting the SAK tool. ;)

kes7u likes this.
  11. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    and you would get no views. folks want to see "the show". They desperately want to believe what this guy is selling.

12. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Haha... don’t give him some ideas here :) Let him release SAK version 1 first. Then he can start a channel to promote it... :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

f355spider likes this.
  13. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    I give this guy much credit, I love working on cars and if I could do it and get paid for, well, even better. We all started somewhere.

But to a lot folks point, I have always used online forums as my best research or Q&A tool. Many folks have pointed him here, I’m curious why he hasn’t been on here chatting with folks and getting answers to his questions

14. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Because, truly, I don't think he really cares about the cars-- or should I say he doesn't appear passionate. It's about the views on U-Tube and the money he makes from that.
    And I have to say I don't give this guy much credit at all. He's doing what most here could do-- but not as well.
    If he was doing it for himself, that's one thing. To be showing the world that this is how it's done; not a fan.

f355spider likes this.
  15. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    If you want to see quality DIY work watch spiderscott's stuff. Otherwise take Sam's channel like it is meant to be, entertainment.

Goonzquad is doing a 458 right now ;-0

360trev likes this.
  16. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Scott is awesome and I really like goonzquad, those guys should come on here! They are genuine nice guys who are not afraid of hard work and getting stuck in.

17. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    At first I admit I hoped Sam was going to do a good job on this car. Then he put the Ferrari on hold and went to vtuned garrage to work on his lambo. Major cracks appears in his shiny armor. Now I see this is all about views and subs. He’s fallen several notches I’m my book. So to all of you that told us he was an idiot your I told you so’s are warranted.

imahorse likes this.
  18. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Goonsquad seems to do a great job!

19. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks

Grabbing some popcorn and a cold one to see the responses......

one4torque likes this.
  20. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    I used to love to watch evil kenevil! He got a history Chanel ad so he must have viewers!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I'm kind of surprised that he insinuates in his video his amazing personal discovery of the Alfa Romeo Selespeed parts F1 swapping to save money trick

For god sake it's been written about continously on so many forum's including this one for well over a decade...Maybe even 15+ years at the minimum..

Next installment he will 'discover' the Bosch part sharing

imahorse and KC360 FL like this.
  22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Not a fan of the undercarriage repairs being done. Looks very cheap and poorly done. At least goonzquad uses OEM parts for their Lambo and Ferrari repairs.

360trev likes this.
  23. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    +1

It wouldn't have cost that much to source from a breakers yard and get the whole OEM section for that side floor and do it properly. More time and effort certainly but yes that is what Goonzquad would have done...

I doubt many people would even consider buying a Ferrari repaired like that.

24. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    God, the things people will do just for YouTube likes.

25. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    That floor repair was quite the hack, It deserved to be done better, it was disappointing. I am all for saving money, but that was a rig.