FORMULA 1 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 15 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Only a matter of time before Matsushita or Fukuzumi gets a ride with T Rosso.Not sure if they are really F1 material based on results so far.

That is Honda's dream.

Bas likes this.
  2. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Not sure Charles has the measure of Max at this point. To beat Max you have to equal his speed and his brashness.

Finlander, Sig. Roma and Bas like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hamilton did a sudden brake test in torrential rain, causing Webber to brake as well. With zero vision Vettel crashed...he lost a podium due to hamilton.

Vettel was initially penalized but after a fan video surfaced the penalty was reversed. They actually wanted to penalize Lewis but because it went over the time limit it was impossible.

One of the few times a penalty got reversed that late with more evidence, btw.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't think he did....max beat him and only due to Vettel ended behind him. Leclerc was 5th best otherwise...

RobertJRB likes this.
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Red Bull pace was a lot better , and Leclerc was screwed by safety car timing .
    Never believed verstappen could be schooled like that !
    Just remember he only has 31 formula one races under his belts.
    Maybe Leclerc is the best formula one driver right now .. who knows ?
    I am just sad he will waste his talent in such amateurish team .

furoni likes this.
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Leclerc had a go at Verstappen again post 2nd pitstop and lost out....and then struggled forever overtaking Gasly of all people.

He's very talented but I believe that the Ferrari is a better car than the Red Bull....certainly has an enormous power advantage. Chassis/aero not bad either.

I don't think Verstappen got Schooled. Leclerc just got his elbows out....as it should!

7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Don't want to be rude but obviously we didn't see the same race .
    Red Bull pace was almost 0,5 seconds per lap better, they made huge progress in overall downforce.
    Even Gasly managed to overtake Vettel.
    Honda engine is now reliable and not far from Ferrari output.
    The way leclerc overtook Gasly was just brilliant.

ATBNM3, william and kandi like this.
  8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    How is that possible when we just learned here that the car was designed for Seb?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari has hte most power by some margin so don't think honda are close.

Leclerc on Gasly is fantastic.

jpalmito likes this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical

Sid (Daytona) was spotted at Silverstone!

Go to 3:30 LOL Julian!

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    And then he goes on the radio complaining about Max. Unreal.

12. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    You see, even with a car built to his requirements Sheetel is not able to adapt himself and is being schooled by a driver with just more of 1,5 years in F1. ;)

I like Germans but I'm not a supporter of Vettel anymore, he's done. Let's bring Rosberg to Ferrari! :p

ATBNM3 likes this.
  13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ocon is free, but hasn't really shown he is the real deal ,maybe too big a risk.

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Ocon isn't free; he is in the Mercedes stable.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yes but Toto has recently said he won't stand in his way .

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Charles Just showed max that platina by the same tiles he can Beat bom in aslower car.....they are Both very good but ibelive Charles is better without being dirty.

ATBNM3 and jpalmito like this.
  17. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    True, but he also said that if Ocon was chosing his own path, he would not be Under the Mercedes umbrella anymore.

So it's a hard choise for Ocon: or he goes freelance in another team, or he stay on the bench hoping for an elusive Mercedes seat.

18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The report focus on under-steer condition and the remedy used. It appears to favor the style Charles employs and other reports I post say the same. Vettel like Kimi is not a flexible or adaptable driver with a front end/rear mis correlation in terms of grip.

G. Pepper likes this.
  19. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Peter, I would find it very bizarre, indeed pretty stupid that the SF organisation did not design the 2019 car [and previous cars] around their No1 driver ie SV in this instance. This for me is the reason why teams struggle to satisfy both drivers. Two drivers at the top of their game would, imo, require a completely different concept / setup. It would be rare for two drivers to like the same setup.

CL would / will have to adapt, as others have done in the past or get swept down the grid or .......SF change allegiance.

Tony

G. Pepper likes this.
  20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    As there is no testing and developing with the drivers I do not know how much a simulated design on the computer is able to favour one driver or his driving style. As one can see with the current front wing design and the problems changing this without interfering with the whole aerodynamic I do not think this is so easy. And as Seb complained from the first race that he does not feel to well in the car it does not look that it was specially developed in his favour.
    I agree with you that in the times of unlimited testing (f.e. Schumacher era) the car was developed in the favour of the main driver but I do not know whether this works today....And the setup is done individually within the limits of the cars design...So if the car is really designed for one driving style then the team would be stupid to employ two drivers with totally different driving styles as this would be contra productive as the feedback from the winter tests would be completetly different and they could not exchange details on the setup...

Bas likes this.
  21. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Not "bad", but not top of the line, either, from what I was seeing via the Sky feed.

The Ferraris do seem to have a speed advantage in the straights.
    But the Red Bull is quick in the corners.

Max could be on Charles' tail going on the straight, but couldn't overtake, even with DRS.
    (And Charles forcing him to go outside.)
    But, when Charles was behind the RB, he couldn't exit the turns close enough to overtake in the straight, as he had to catch up, and then try to pass.

The RB started out with a Newey design. Don't know how far off that point its gotten, but it's still good on corners.

In a more straight-line track, Ferrari should have the advantage.

Just my tuppance, based on what I can see in HDTV. ;)

Bas likes this.
  22. DF1

Can be released. Old news. Just needs a team and seat. Bottas not leaving in my opinion

23. DF1

Ferrari are compensating for under steer. Helping Charles is coincidental not the intended effect certainly

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    There's little in it, indeed. Track dependent, mostly.

The ferrari has an edge even over the Mercedes when accelerating. Top speed is higher, too, but that's because of the aero (the one that makes us **** in corners).

Chassis for Ferrari is ****, frankly.

25. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Fair comments but I don't see computer simulations being fixed, I would think there are many "programs" that could be run and suit the development driver's style and then adjusted for someone else. For me it doesn't make sense to spend millions $£ on this type of technology when you could let teams have say10 testing sessions throughout the year, this would not only let development increase in real time but fans would have access to F1 on a more sensible level than the silly tickets prices of a GP.

I don't for one minute pretend to understand the complexities of how a car is designed but winter testing is not used solely to see how fast the car goes, more to check & correlate data . No two drivers would ever be the same and would require a completely different approach, hence why they have the own No1 mechanic / race engineer. One of them isn't going to get the most favourable treatment and that would be the No2.
    Best
    Tony