Ferrari CPO, what does it include? | FerrariChat

Ferrari CPO, what does it include?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Steinhart, Jul 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    So I am familiar with buying Porsche CPO cars, whereas they are supposedly inspected and many things including tires, brakes and other worn items are brought to within "CPO" spec, dictated by Porsche, then given a warranty for a period of time. The owner gets a certificate with the VIN and a description of the car. It is quite an organized system.

I purchased a Ferrari CPO car a week ago. The dealer told me they serviced the car, but I really don't know what else the dealer did and/or what was required by Ferrari. Supposedly the car is under CPO warranty for 2 years (Ferrari is currently offering 2 years for the price of 1), but I don't have any document stating that, at least not yet.

For any of you that have purchased a CPO Ferrari, can you share your experience so I know what to expect? What documentation did you receive? What are the dealers required to do to bring the car to spec? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

2. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Sorry can't speak to the CPO stuff but where are the pics! Hopefully you're enjoying the car?

3. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
  4. Franchise1450

Franchise1450 Karting

Apr 20, 2019
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Franchise1450
    Hi I just bought a 458 with the same CPO 2 year from Ferrari LV. It covers most of what the original warranty covers with a few exclusions, brakes and some other odds and ends excluded but most major items covered. Really surprised how much was covered for a 2012 car.

The dealer provided me with a detailed contract that outlines everything covered and not covered. You should call your dealer and request this, they made me sign it as well. Hope this helps.

5. 488GTScarbon

488GTScarbon Rookie

Jul 3, 2019
    Dallas, TX
    I purchased a CPO Ferrari last week as well, a 488GTS. It is true right now Ferrari is offering 2yrs for price of one to F Dealers because they are trying to compete with independent dealers. My dealer showed it to me. I asked my dealer for the check list and I was provided an invoice from their shop showing it went through CPO program and all recalls done. I also received a paper for the 2yr warranty. Before purchasing even though the car went through CPO program, I could've bought the car for less if I didn't want the 2yr warranty. Driven my car 200 miles in the first week and love it. Enjoy yours.

6. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    I do know CPO does NOT cover oil leaks!

Matt_337 likes this.
  7. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    thanks for your posts, I will contact the dealer, to provide more specifics on the program

I did not sign an agreement

8. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
  9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    ? ? ?

10. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    Thank you!! :)

11. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    I was at my dealer a few weeks ago looking at a cpo 488. He told me oil leaks are not covered

crinoid likes this.
  12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Sounds like a strange blanket statement from him considering an oil leak would be detrimental and it IS a rather spendy waranty.

13. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    The way I understood is that seals would not be covered. If the leak is caused by an internal failure, then it would be covered. He also told me things like power window switches and such are also not covered. To be honest I was very surprised. I guess CPO is the equivalent of a power train warranty. Someone else who is more familiar can chime in...

crinoid likes this.
  14. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    the service manager at my dealership said the CPO and power train warranty are essentially the same

15. Nunya

Nunya Rookie

May 23, 2017
    I bought a 2013 458 that included a cpo and 2 year warranty and all I signed was a standard Ferrari form that mentioned certified pre-owned Ferrari. It was a pre-delivery checklist and the information (my name, chassis number, date, miles, etc). It seemed like a generic form considering it could save an owner serious money. I was told it gets put in the system.

16. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    ok, that is very helpful, thank you, at least I know what to expect

17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I think it depends on the age of the car - up to 5 years old you get the same coverage as the 3-year initial warranty, but afterwards the scope is reduced. So you could extend for two years the initial warranty on a 3 years old car, but subsequent warranties (after the 5th year) cover less things. CPO is just the generic term for used cars sold by Ferrari with a warranty.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Correct

19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    +1

20. Netpark

Netpark Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2012
    I have a 2015 Speciale with CPO warranty I just bought last month which now has a clicking noise in the axle. This noise is not covered according to my Ferrari dealer. Here’s a copy of the “New Power” warranty with what is covered.

Attached Files:

21. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    Well that really is a disappointment, what is the reason for the clicking noise?

I'm not a mechanic but this list seems rather short.

For the mechanics here, how comprehensive is this warranty?