Pista: the best car I’ve driven | FerrariChat

Pista: the best car I’ve driven

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by henryenzo, Jul 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryenzo

henryenzo Karting

Jan 16, 2012
    ok, I’m not a long time Ferrari expert. Owned a 458, 488, F12 and now Pista . Owned several McClarens and one Lambo—Aventador roadster. Owned 05-06 Ford GTs and 2018 Ford GT.

Favorite ever driver—Pista. Favorite design by far—2018 Ford GT—not a close call IMO. Best sounding—Aventador.

Ferrari just does it right. I don’t want to jinx myself but for fit, finish, durability, Ferrari is the king of the hill.

Anyway, enjoy your cars —this is simply my opinion.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Totally agree, it is a real epic package. Drove it at the Corsa Pilota Sport program and had the time of my life! Enjoy my friend, mine won't get here for a while :(

of2worlds likes this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I had a 488 which I sold which was getting less and less time when I got my 720. I am very much looking forward togetting my Pista in a few months as I do believe a Ferrari is just something special.

4. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I cannot wait to hear your analysis.. I have an F12, and looking to add potentially a 720s to the stable as well. I would love a pista, but the cost of entry is not something I am willing to pay. So either will go a 458 spider, 488 spider or 720s (also considering a 600LT as a off shoot of a 4th option).

SoCal to az likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Of your choices that you listed, in my ever so humble opinion, there is no contest- 720.

Yes you will have the audiophiles on this site complain about the sound compared to the 458. No doubt, the sound of the 458 is better. But eat a burrito every time you drive the 720 and you will have all the sound you want. To me there are a 100 things that I look for in a car, and sound is the only thing thats better in the 458 over a 720.

The 488 is a great and capable car but performance wise it did not hold a candle to a 720.

600LT - yeah good option bbut for a few bucks more- get a 720.

Good luck.

LVP488 and richard_wallace like this.
  6. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Having tracked a 720s a substantial amount and been on track with an extremely competent Pista driver/owner...

If you have never driven a 720s or any hyper car... Then you will be blown away by the speed of a Pista.

720s and Pista sit together above everything else in the speed department for anything up to a million dollars.

Looks great and sounds very similar to a 720s at full throttle (jet like sound).

of2worlds and Manda racing like this.