How much longer will Gasly last at Red Bull? Spoilers etc | Page 5 | FerrariChat

How much longer will Gasly last at Red Bull? Spoilers etc

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But you have to be honest... when you write a book, isn´t it easier to get informations in the time of the internet and e-mail where you can contact people easily. Don´t you think it is much easier now than back in the days when you have to write letters waiting for ages to get a reply only to get another address where you can write to your next letter?

2. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Bottas goes to IndyCar, wins their championship and LeMans. Gasly goes to Merc and is worse than expected. The only one who is happy is Lewis. Gasly leaves F1, and becomes a bicycle racer and goes on to be the first Frenchman to win the Tour d' France since Hinault.

3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Whatever your beverage is I want some, an imagination turbo-charger;)

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Peter, no you do the research first, then when you are satisfied you have all the answers you disappear into the woods in a cabin or the desert in a tent and you write your novel.
    FYI In Hollywood in the fifties and sixties some producers would isolate script writers in the deluxe bungalows of the Beverly Hills hotel - food by room service - to get them to come up with scripts asap.
    Mine involves the middle ages and current day so def lots of research needed but preparation is key....plus, when ready, being away from 21st century decadent distractions you can think deeper and further... Just my humble zwei pfennig.

5. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Lol, and suddenly all is quiet

I know, we’ll see what happens during the race.

Nortonious likes this.
  6. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Something seems to have stirred up ole Gasly. Looking forward to seeing what he might do now...

DF1 and jcurry like this.
  7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Fear of getting ****-canned.

DF1, Nortonious and Robb like this.
  8. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Heh heh, no doubt. Fear of loss is often a strong motivator.

DF1 likes this.
  9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Or getting on with it and ignoring the idiot Marko

william likes this.
  10. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Didn't Marko state that this (past) weekend that Gasly was going to get the same setup as Max, rather than try to figure it out himself. If so then Marko made the correct decision.

11. DF1

That was sometime ago but no matter Gasly needed to simply increase his competitiveness and drive better. A set up is good but no mistakes and taking advantage of it matter

12. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Read (your post) #90. Linked article was dated 9-Jul, after Austria and prior to last weekend

13. DF1

Ooops LoL :). Thought was older

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Gasly is not helping his case now :confused:

Bas and william like this.
  15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Marko must be doing his nuts !!!

16. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    His days are numbered.
    After the crash you could see Horner shaking his head thinking are you ****ing serious??

He had a pretty good weekend at Silverstone and Crofty and his crew said he might just start getting into the groove...... Now its back to square one.

17. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Oh and the SKY crew said maybe he should be replaced by Alonso. I would 100% love to see that.... And I'm sure Honda would love to have him back on board :D

nsxrebel and daytona355 like this.
  18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    P4 on the grid....not as simple as some think...

19. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t think that flurry to fourth will save him, it would be sixth but for the failure of ferrari to put two cars on the grid, and max continues to hustle, while gasly IS hustled...... there may be news on gasly during the break is what I’ve heard, and I don’t think they mean good news

stavura and william like this.
  20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Vettel should go back with a massive pay cut.Then see what he can do against Max.Of course he is not that stupid.So he will see out 2020 until he is forced out .

Ocon would be an obvious choice if Ghastly is let go.

Bas likes this.
  21. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I am putting in my application for Ferrari boss. As uneducated and stupid as I am I would be a huge improvement over the current employees. what a huge mess!!!!!

Bas and LVP488 like this.
  22. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Obviously he would have been sixth but he has shown real pace the last two raceweekends and those who followed his career always knew his lack of pace early this year was mostly an anomaly. Needless to say yes he blotted his copy book yesterday but his times are up there now in most sessions.
    Yesterday he was at times as fast as Max, likewise at Silverstone. It is fahionable in Fchat for people to shoot down a driver to seem knowledgeable.

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    buit the only lap he was near Max was when max had issues and Gasly cut the track...

24. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I actually liked gasly, and thought he would do well mate, so not sure you can really make such accusations as those. I heard my information FROM THE PADDOCK, not fchat, so make of that what you want. Personally, I am disappointed in his performances as I am from a few others over recent years who seem to falter when they get to the right seats

Remember as well, he is now using Max’s settings in the car, maybe his lacking is in set up skills, not so much his driving, which is just one of those things

25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Rest assured I wasn't referring to you specifically, lets see how he does in rain/mixed conditions.

daytona355 likes this.