488 - 488 Pista top seat belt holders rattle | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista top seat belt holders rattle

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by lamborarri, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    My pista has a rattle at a lower speed which I figured it's coming from both driver and passenger's top seat belt holders (housing). I'm not 100% sure if that's the problem yet. Anyone experiences this?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Gisi

Gisi Karting

Dec 6, 2006
    SWITZERLAND
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    the belt is pushing on the carbon seat, same here. when the passenger seat is empty, put it more in to the front, problem solved

3. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    Yes but that seems not the problem that my car has.

4. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I don’t have that issue, but I do have a problem keeping the gas pump from shutting off during refueling, even with very little gas flow. Seems like there is an obstruction of some sort. Anyone else?

5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    On my 458 the seat belt had these back plastic caps that were kinda loose on there and kept popping off. I'm not sure if that's the same thing you are talking about, but on my car I just took them off and tossed them in a box.

Ray

6. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    If it’s only happening on the passenger side when you have no passenger likely it’s the metal part of the seat belt hitting the carbon fiber of the seat.

Does it happen when you have a passenger in the car that is wearing the seat belt?

7. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    It happens on both sides, not passenger related. Not related to the seat belt itself.

I will give it a try to remove them. Hopefully that's the case.

Not sure where you located. Some of our gas nozzles have this problem in the West Coast here. I normally just push the rubber part of the nozzle all the way and lock it in then start pumping gas. It works fine here. I think the design should be similar.

8. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    For what its worth I had the same thing on my 458 a few year ago. Sound transfers and it ended up not being anything to do with the seatbelt but in fact a "spot weld" that was causing the issue in the engine bay. Dealer after many how's found the issue. Your dealer has the most experience and IMO I would get them to sort it.

Caeruleus11 and lamborarri like this.
  9. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    Thank you. If this is not a common problem I will just send it in later. Just got the car for a couple of months, still enjoying it. I don't wanna send it in yet lol.

Shack likes this.
  10. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    East coast here. Will give it a shot. Thx.