355 - F355 25th Anniversary | FerrariChat

355 F355 25th Anniversary

Discussion in '348/355' started by PaulK, Jul 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #1 PaulK, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    How on earth has no one made a thread about this yet? This year marks the 25th anniversary of the F355. It is a car that has captured my heart since I first saw one. They really knocked it out of the park with it. So what I want to do is share some of my favorite writings, videos, pictures, ect. of it. You should too!

To start, we have to start with the video I have watched too many times and can't seem to get enough. I would watch this in college EVERY day to motivate myself. I was just so hypnotized.

We have to include a Clarkson in here. When he nails a review, he nails a review. This isn't a review, but he conveys so eloquently its ability to reduce men to quivering puddles of love goo. This is Clarkson at his finest, back when Top Gear was cool and had all that lovely 80's and 90's music.
    "I just have to have one. I just have to." You are so right Jeremy. It isn't voluntary. Its mandatory.

Across the Pacific, our Japanease brothers and sisters are hopelessly in love with the F355, much like everyone else. We can't leave out this one:

For my final video I am including this shooting flames. Because we all know its cool when they do that.

There is just something about the Japanease. When they do an event, they do it uniquely their way, and with such passion that it spills out all over. They had a meet up this year to celebrate the F355's 25th birthday.... 58 F355's!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Copyright 2019 Naohide Taji‎, posted with permission.

Now where would I be if I didn't post some of my favorite pictures of all time of the car? The F355 World Tour. A historically significant event as its the first Ferrari to go around the world (correct me if I am wrong) and signifies to everyone the reliability of the car and that it could truly be driven every day.

A special bonus for you! You can download all my World Tour photos by clicking right here! Get them while you can!
    I am always on the lookout for more F355 World Tour pictures so if you have some that aren't in there PLEASE let me know.

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't share pictures of 00453, otherwise known as the love of my life. Here she is, the day I picked her up from the seller. Since then I have put on about 800 miles... And removed the shields.

So that's me. What about you?

P.S. I celebrated this occasion by turning on the radio for the first time. Absolutely the worst speakers I have ever heard in a car. Good thing this car has a soundtrack from God's private library.

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    still gives me butterflies...

3. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    25 Years ago, I can remember seeing the 355 for the first time and was immediately hooked. But being 25 yrs old, coming up with 135k for anything other than a house was out of the question, so I just kept it on my radar for the following 22 years. When I finally saw my car in the flesh, there was no chance that I was going to be able to go without it, and I think I made the right decision. I know I could have bought a brand new Z06, but everyone seems to have one of those. :)

carnutdallas likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ha - i got mine when i was 26. Paid 95k for the 355 and bought a one bedroom coop instead of a house. Still have it today 17 yrs later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
  6. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    That white GTB is a repaint.

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That's amazing to capture the first one you ever saw. I just love the analog fidelity of the old photos.

audi_328 likes this.
  8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wich one? How do you know?

9. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Neat! I wonder if that Monaco Blue 456 in the background is the one currently for sale at CNC? :)

10. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Love these long-term ownership stories! Here’s mine..
    Bought my car w in Italy in ‘99(gated Red/Blk GTS w tubi, 6k miles). Purchased when lira was at all-time low against the $. I direct imported it and sent it to a DOT/EPA converter in Baltimore. Eventually brought it out to SoCal.
    I’ve put 24k mi on it since then and added Fabspeed headers, cats and the Hill eng. TO bearing. This car looks amazing going down the road still-today, and perhaps runs stronger than ever with the little mods! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Great story! Any pics of it in Italy?

Did you have to change the bumpers to US spec with the amber side markers?

12. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I wonder if we could get 60+ in Southern California. I should think about organizing a meet up this Fall. Anyone interested?

13. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Can't you drive across Japan in a few hours? Have an event there and it's easy for the whole country to get involved I suspect. But they are car mad for sure all kinds of odd ball events, really interesting place.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I’m too much of a p#*sy to buy one but maybe some day but definitely appreciate what they are. Love the quote “a soundtrack from God’s own library”! To me there is nothing that sounds as good as a 355.

15. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    what a gorgeous car. I miss mine

16. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    OK. Starting to give some serious thought to this. I checked with FCA and there are at least 35 members locally with 355's. Probably at least another 35 or more owners that are not FCA members. Anyone here that is in Southern California or willing to drive out to Southern California for a 25th anniversary 355 event in September or November (My dance card is filled in October).

SoCal1 and Mmckee like this.
  17. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I like the 355 a lot that and the 250's

18. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’m in & vote for the cooler month of November. Great idea!

19. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow, talk about a dream. That would be amazing if you guys could pull it off! I have been toying with doing something like that locally. We wouldn't get close to that number but it would be cool to do anyways.

20. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Need to get work out deeply on that one

Im in for sure. If its local to me I'll bring 2

21. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Maybe multiple celebrations across the country? I reached out to FCA National about it and they are contacting Ferrari NA.

I would organize something locally in either LA or OC. Something simple like a gathering, maybe breakfast/brunch somewhere then a group drive. Can you imagine seeing/hearing 60 355's on a group drive?

carnutdallas likes this.
  22. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The bumpers had to have the side markers cut in, yes. But the guy that did it did them perfectly w jigs from US bumpers. They had to weld in corner braces to meet DOT stds. If you don’t know DOT/EPA grey market rules, let me tell you that there are about 10 mods that have to be done and each must be photographed and presented as evidence that they were done.

I have digital video of the car in IT, but no photos.

SoCal 1 and Trojan fan have seen this car @ stoogapslooza back in 2012??
    I am down for a big F355 get together in greater LA sometime later this yr for sure. Whatever you want to put together Peter, I’m likely in(not an FCA member anymore).

PaulK likes this.
  23. sec16518

sec16518 Rookie

May 27, 2018
    What about an east coast get together as well.....bring them all out.

PaulK and bcar1 like this.
  24. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Not thinking this is FCA only. Jst using the FCA connections with Ferrari NA to see if there is any help there.

Regional gatherings would be great. We have better weather here so we can plan for later in the year. If it was to be coordinated for the same day, whats the latest other areas can consider weather wise?

25. sec16518

sec16518 Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Early October in the Northeast is a good time....How about Columbus Day....