Well guys I’m back, and now... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Well guys I’m back, and now...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 1taliantrash, Jul 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Can't beat my Antonio Germani

Attached Files:

2. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    wait calling french people smelly makes me a racist? o_O

Even the French guy agreed with me the Paris metro stinks. Funny, I tried to buy a 355 challenge for about 80k, missed out on it. Ended up with the old man 550, still like em even though they're Grand Tourers. I plan to use it as intended. Will share a pic when its ready, thanks for the link to the leather!

3. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

Attached Files:

• lr.jpg
      lr.jpg
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    What cracks me up with suits, we had sawgrass mills an hour outside miami and it was this giant mall where all the big brands had outlets. The saks/neiman outlets would do 2 for 1 sales on kiton suits from $8,000 each to $2,000 for 2 and tell you how great a deal you were getting. Do people really pay $8,000 for cloth?

LARRYH likes this.
  5. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I'm not familiar with suits in that price range but I'm sure there's gotta be some top of the line stuff around that amount. I mean people pay $10k for a purse so why wouldn't a suit cost 8k?

paulchua likes this.
  6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Ya but the purses you’re talking about are made of special materials, a Birkin is hard to get, I had to jump through so many hoops to get my wife one a while back, I feel like getting a Ferrari supercar is easier than getting your first birkin lol. Still though those suits are worthless when neiman goes from $16,000 for 2 to $2,000 at the outlet. That will never happen with an in demand purse those surprisingly appreciate, my wife always sells her junk on posh mark when she’s done and she sometimes ends up making money with purses I can’t even believe it but sometimes people in small cities can’t get things she was able to find in Miami.

7. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    The point I was trying to make is there are suits also made of the finest materials that push to $8k if not more. You won't be making money or getting much back on a used suit, at least as far as I know, but there's expensive stuff out there for any category.

BOKE and paulchua like this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Guess you have a short memory.
    Oh yeah, the guy you said sucks himself? I've noticed this is not the first time posts have gone over your head.
    But you said they were too "old man" before. What changed? Did you experience accelerated aging these past 6 months?
    So you still playing Monty Hall I see.

WATSON and BOKE like this.
  9. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Last time I checked the dissemination of factual information doesn't make one a racist. Look at the frogs sentences. Inhale the stench of the great unwashed. You will soon realize what I know Paul.
    Correct Paul, over the past year I have gotten older and now am old man enough to drive the 550, though my heart was set on a challenge car under $100k , I’ll take the v12 for under $50k any day of the week.

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

You do know calling a Frenchman a frog is a slur, right?

Or maybe they don't teach you young fellas how not to disrespect others.

D

paulchua and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    It’s more a term of endearment these days. Might be the only thing non offensive to people now a days.

12. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, I know nothing of the debate or the F-Chatter in question, but:

- taking the tube in Paris everyday, and especially during these weeks, with 38°c (about 100° f) forecasted again for next week, and no A/C in the tube, it certainly doesn't smell the rose, indeed...but, for me, commuting everyday with exactly 7 minutes in the morning in one direction (five stations) seven minutes return in the evening, its "bearable", shall we say.
    Admittedly it depends on which line you have to ride also, as some are worse than others, i.e, much more crowded; try the #13 line at 8:45 or 18:00, for instance. And of course, from April to October, depending on the hour of the day, you might have actually more tourists than french people in the tube; in which case it might be the french that smell...or not.

- I honestly and sincerly don't mind the slightest being called a frog; or a froggy, or whatever related to frogs; and I don't consider myself insulted at all.
    And you might indeed still find frog's thighs on the menus of some restaurants (we are not chinese, we do not eat the whole frog, only the legs: so in french it is "cuisses de grenouille", frog's thighs) but it is not that usual nowadays. Except in the regions were they are traditional, because these regions had many swamps and the frog's legs were usual food for many persons there (les dombes, for instance: around Bourg-en-Bresse). And it taste fine, by the way: not suprisingly, a cross between chicken and fish.

In many countries there are stereotypes expressions used to designate inhabitants of another country. Many of these sound rather dated; saying that the french do not wash themselves and do not smell nice was a stereotype during the forties and the fifties, probably because there were many old houses without a true bathroom, but honestly I do not think that it is still true today.

So many F-Chatter in this thread might have a grudge with the O.P, as I seem to understand but this frenchman, as a French, does not. France will therefore remain neutral.

Rgds

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hahaha, it’s all from the history, we’re just having fun. Take a look at his old posts.

14. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #39 nerofer, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Because Hermes is the last luxury brand that is family owned, and that they do not want to dilute its value by expanding too much. Of course they are manufacturing more than they did in the past, but still they are nowhere manufacturing enough to satisfy the demand for many of their products, including most of their line of bags. If you want a Birkin in a precise dimension and color, and if that one is not already available, its simple: you have to wait. There is no way to jump the turn. Whenever they have excess of Something, they have a sytem of rotation between the countries and shops for allocation.
    Which, by the way, is the exact definition of luxury: something that you crave for and cannot afford. If you can afford it, then it is not luxury anymore.
    "I always built one car less than the market is asking for" Enzo Ferrari.

There has been studies made about the "Birkin index", which show that this bag is, in the medium to long term, a better investment than stock market or gold. But people want them because they are beautiful, not for speculation, right?

https://www.collectorsquare.com/sacs/hermes/birkin/sac-a-main-hermes-birkin-30-cm-en-crocodile-niloticus-rouge-geranium-356539.html?countryCode=WW&currencyCode=EUR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjOHX--O-4wIVT0HTCh2Itwt9EAQYASABEgKvTvD_BwE

We should always remember that Oscar Wilde once said:
    "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."

Rgds

1taliantrash and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I know, Paul. I was posting in the same spirit. Next time he comes over here, I will take him to a restaurant and invite him to good lunch of frog's thighs. This thru the tube. And I will take a shower before.

Rgds

paulchua and dm_n_stuff like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I would disagree with one part of ur statement: France will therefore remain neutral;) That’s for Switzerland;) Us French wave the white flag;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOKE and paulchua like this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    dictionary.com would disagree with you. No matter, something tells me literally referencing the dictionary won't change your view. You be you.

BOKE likes this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I've been to France many times, It's still not even close to how bad my transit station is. I guarantee that. You will soon realize what I know 1italiantrash.
    Easy brother, if you aged that much in 1 year, you must be burning the candle from both ends. At this rate, you'll be 6 feet under in another year. Ease up my friend.
    Agreed, in fact I got a V12 Ferrari a couple months ago for 44K. Except instead trying to beat Austin Powers' title of "International Man of Mystery" - I shared the details with the community.

BOKE likes this.
  19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Great post, I think Prada is still private and family owned as well.

BOKE likes this.
  20. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Plus on est de fous, plus on rit

;)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Paul is the best new Moderator!

Mr Italiantrash is rather disagreeable, isn't he?

@paulchua !

Matt

Natkingcolebasket69 and paulchua like this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    hahaha thanks Matt. The one thing that makes this thread fun is at least 1italiantrash admits he's a troll so that we can be juvenile. I've always liked the jokers. — all good.

Just suppress that adult voice in you that laments the deeper implications of a person that would troll a forum. It's a sad situation that makes the laughter and ridicule less enjoyable; some folks are just born lifelong clowns I guess. I mean we have to run into folks on the wrong side of the bell curve eventually.

Themaven likes this.
  24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Nice, France
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

1taliantrash, Dolcevita and paulchua like this.
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The best time was during the great recession, I was selling Birkins every week. Have not seen the market recently.