348 - Nickel cockpit bits | FerrariChat

348 Nickel cockpit bits

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ferrarium, Jul 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #1 Ferrarium, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    I plan on making thinner trim rings relative to my last set and nickel plating them. I gave away 3 original sets to members out here. I bought a spare knob, gate, lock pins and door latches and had them nickel plated including the gate screws. I need to paint in the black gate markings on the knob still. I assume with the svelte nickel trim rings it will look cohesive, if not its reversible with original parts. Just an inexpensive test to see, totally reversible. That's new black leather on the doors and with new carpet this winter I think it will look tidy. Notice my standard 348 triple colored/faded carpet. ugh....

Not quite sure I'm sold on it but I don't hate it. It definitely needs delicate nickel trim rings to tie into the dash to my eye, I think that's the issue. Anyhow, here it is so far in case anyone had considered plating or powdercoating some of these bits you can see how non black and chrome looks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Here were the original trim rings unfinished in raw aluminum for reference. New ones will be slightly smaller still. I will have several sets for give away when I get around to cnc'ing and plating them.
    [​IMG]