488 - Taylor Made Price Points: 488 Spiders | Page 3 | FerrariChat

488 Taylor Made Price Points: 488 Spiders

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 19633500GT, Jul 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I don't think it'***** home yet that -$300K is probably on the table...

Why is "hit home" being censored?

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Well whoever gave him the idea he had downside protection shld be stoned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  3. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    concur

4. flifer

flifer Karting

Mar 3, 2016
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I bought a 1 owner 2017 GTB with 300 miles and a near 400k MSRP on Feb 2019 for 278k from a third party dealer. I'm sure it has already depreciated at least 15k during my short ownership, these things aren't necessarily investments y'know ;)

I found options to have very little extra resale value. Back when I was shopping around I found cars with relatively spartan builds(100k-140k less in MSRP) advertised maybe 10k-15k less than what my car was listed for.

5. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    If (and it’s a big if) he sells it retail for 315 thru dealer, dealer still gets 22k commission. If it sells for 300 retail thru dealer, then a 275 trade in value is a push. For every month it sits there unsold because of high pricing, he pays insurance while more used cars enter the market, further eroding value. Ferrari is no longer protecting values in the secondary market by limiting supply or wait times. Too many new models, too fast and too many iterations of the same car albeit with some twists (458, 488, pista, f8) all in same bandwidth of the same basic car, emerging in quick succession nearly stepping on each other. So by the time you are barely finished with one, the next model is out and demand and value of the older model has waned. The new normal is to simply enjoy your car for a few years rather than constantly chase the next new model. In the good old days, that strategy worked where you could roll form one model to the other without getting dinged. Can’t do that any longer because you get whacked by devaluation and dealer commission. It’s great for Ferrari (it’s stock is at an all time high) because it introduces a constant new lineup while using the same basic car, changing a few body panels and tweaking up horsepower, rather than waiting several years to make significant change in a truly brand new model. Customers had time to enjoy 360’s, the 430’s then the 458, each truly different cars, with enough time in between to enjoy and trade, leaving value urging the secondary in secondary market. No suck luck today. By hurting the secondary zmarket, Ferrari is canabbalizing it’s future customer base by failing to protect them a secondary market. Getting whacked 100-175k on resale 1-2 years old, does not engender brand loyalty for long.

nads likes this.