Well guys I’m back, and now... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Well guys I’m back, and now...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 1taliantrash, Jul 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Il Tifoso, JimEakin and paulchua like this.
  2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    You are not racist, you are a xenophobe. People aren't up on current events this week...the difference has been extensively covered in the media.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    hahaha,

For what it's worth, I actually believe he did buy a Maranello. I guess that's the thing, we're all confused why 1italiantrash is still acting like the Shadow.

Start a thread wanting to talk about your car. When congratulated and asked more about the car;
    What does he do? He changes his mind.

Alas, the asshattery continues, even with his 'second chance' 'third chance' (actually, banned a couple times already) of re-joining the community.

Folks, may I suggest a donation to the bi-polar foundation.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Natkingcolebasket69 and paulchua like this.
  5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I enjoy Nerofer’s refined and witty posts. And his admirably unruffled demeanour. But Hermes is not the last family-owned luxury brand. Chanel, Salvatore Ferragamo, Ermenegildo Zegna, Brunello Cuccinelli and Prada are all still owned/run by their owning families. Like Hermes, some are also listed on the stock exchange, many of them with equally controversial listing stories (family resistance v wanting to cash in, etc). Depending on your definition of family run, and of luxury, you could also include the Kering portfolio (including Gucci, Balenciaga, etc) as Kering is very much a family-owned and run company, and as Richemont is also family-run you could include their portfolio which includes Cartier, JLC, and so on. Patek Philippe is also family owned and run, more or less; so is Richard Mille, so is Mouton-Rothschild (and its sister brands), and the likes of Domaine de la Romanee Conti, and Cristal’s maker Louis Roederer. All luxury brands. I wouldn’t stretch the portfolio to include the LVMH brands as it is run more like a private equity house.

Thank you to the anonymous original poster for inadvertently triggering this thread. Anything with the likes of Nerofer and Paul involved makes an interesting read.

1taliantrash, BigTex and paulchua like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I often wonder how much Pierro involves himself in the day to day of Ferrari and if he still has any 'pull?' Assuming his 10% go to his daughters after he passes (heaven forbid) Also, wonder if Elkan has any personal passion or this is just one piece in his empire.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed - I am less than perfect but when it comes to moderator Paul is an amazing guy. Can’t go wrong with him! He documents, educates before any bans. Really glad to see him up there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thank you for your kind words! We still need to meet up. I hope to catch you on a Fog Drive, a cars and coffee, etc. Are you planning on attending the Cars and Coffee coming up at Sandwood? It's hosted by Fog and Silicon Valley Ferrari.

Come on by.
    Rosewood Hotel & Spa, 2825 Sand Hill Rd, Menlo Park, 94025, Saturday, July 20th, 2019, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM

1italiantrash, you are also most welcome to bring your 550.

9. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    My view is what you imply in the above is correct. But others know much more..

paulchua likes this.
  10. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    lol glad to see some good replies; we must learn not to take life too seriously. We’ll all be gone soon. Yes I bought a Ferrari 550maranello. 6 speed. No accidents, not a theft recovery, not a stolen car, v12. No check engine lights on. May need the belts done. I’ll post pics when I have it cleaned up to my standards. I’ll see some of you at concourso. I’ll be hanging near the lime colored Dino, love that car.

paulchua likes this.
  11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Rare 6 speed 550, nice.

paulchua and 1taliantrash like this.
  12. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Thanks for the kind words, Darius; regarding Chanel, I would disagree: it is still owned by the same family, the two Wertheimer brothers: agreed; but Coco Chanel and the Wertheimers didn't have family ties; the great Mademoiselle even sued the Wertheimers (she lost). Hermes is still run by the same family since the beginning. I wouldn't include Kering for the same reason: family-run, but no family ties with the original creator of the brand. LVMH is of course excluded.
    The wine business is, to me, something completly different: I will NEVER, EVER consider wine as a luxury, heaven's forbid! It is wine. It is not an investment. Not a luxury. It is here to be drunk and enjoyed.
    (Even if I mourn the good old days of 35 years ago, when you could cross the door of "L'intendant" in Bordeaux and buy a bottle of "Haut-Brion" to make a present to a friend; something that's is impossible to imagine today, thanks to globalisation)

Rgds

paulchua likes this.
  13. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Do you allow unwashed Ferrari's ?

paulchua likes this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's open to the public, but if you want to showcase your car, you can do so by registering (space permitting)

I had a last minute meeting come up, so I might not be able to make it depending on how long the meeting lasts. Hope you enjoy!

15. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Only on the Paris metro, apparently.

wax, Natkingcolebasket69 and paulchua like this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed, all water under the bridge. In the spirit of good faith, I think a "reset" is well warranted.
    1italiantrash, congratulations on your purchase. Did you purchase this from a dealer or private party? What was the mileage? The reason for the queries, is many here are in the market, so any additional information you can provide will help prospective buyers. You said well below 50K, so I assume around 45K?

Getting a clean title, no stories, six-speed 550 for ~45K is a job well done, and I hope you are on the road soon.

Cheers

17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I will concede, about Chanel, although it's a complex affair that could be a long and interesting debate over a glass of 1989 Haut-Brion.

You are at one with the winemakers about wine not being a luxury. That's what they all tell me, or most of them. But I think they, and you, are not correct. What else do you call something that retails for thousands of euros/dollars a bottle, is served as a mark of respect, or show, is given as a gift, or bribe, and is enjoyed by those with the means and taste to buy it? That is almost a definition of luxury. The French have a different perspective because for you wine is a product of the soil, and above all wine is not marketed like other luxury goods are - or some of it isn't (Dom Perignon is). But is Lafite a luxury brand? I would say so..

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hahahaha

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Will
    Have to swing by soon
    Paul...with twins my life has been hectic: getting anywhere takes sooo much time:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I hear you friend!! We'll get together for sure eventually! I've seen TRs a few times in the last couple months, I've always wondered if it's you driving around. The most recent was one that I followed on the 280 (they got off Winchester) - we both gave friendly waves good bye.

21. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    To be discussed, Darius, but not over a glass, but a bottle. Perhaps "La Mission Haut-Brion", one of my all time favorite...
    Rgds

22. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That is an excellent plan. I proposed to my soon to be wife over a bottle of 1988 La Mission Haut-Brion at Drouant in Paris..

Writing this accompanied by a glass of Bond Melbury Cabernet. An American family luxury wine brand. (Harlan family)

23. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    And I'm doing the same accompanied by a glass of a recent vintage from the Charles Shaw vineyards

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Charles Shaw? Damn, you going all bougie, (as I open the top flap of my Franzia)

Il Tifoso and ferraridriver like this.
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @1italiantrash, just checking to see if you saw my query? I just assumed since you started a thread talking about your car, I don't know, that you would want to talk about your car?