430 - Tracking down service records | FerrariChat

430 Tracking down service records

Discussion in '360/430' started by azzurribaggio, Jul 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

Is there a good way to find out who the previous owners of a car were and getting their help in getting copies of service done on the car (if they still have it)?

My manual has the name of the original owner and I'm searching LinkedIN to try and find the correct person. It's a hit and miss method though.

I contacted a Ferrari Dealership where a previous owner had work done on the and they were able to provide a couple of receipts.

2. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    A Carfax report should identify where all services occurred. It would be a much easier search than trying to guess via various search engines.

3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    If you add your car to My Ferrari in the Ferrari.com site, you will be able to get some high level service visits if it went to the dealership. My service history goes back 8 years. Here is an example of what the site displays.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    when I bought my 360 i used the following resources:
    1. carfax,
    2. my local f car dealer svc dept was able to look up my vin and see major svc type/date/mlg

I used this to put together my own records and a time-line of events vs time and mlg...... and I'm adding to this with my svc treatments.

5. azzurribaggio

Thanks! Great tip.
    I registered but looks like my account has some issues in that I cannot add a car once I log in. I assumed the car should be listed since the registration portion asked me to enter that information

6. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    The site is finicky sometimes. For my F430, I had no problem getting it registered and up on My Ferrari. For my 599, they sent me an email requesting proof of ownership and registration. Once I sent that in, it took a few weeks for it to appear.

7. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I started with zero written records, and now I have the complete (I believe complete) history. I started with car fax service records which gave me dealership info, and then reached out to every Ferrari or popular indie shops in each city the car was registered. I wound up finding a few different shops that took care of the car for minor stuff. I even talked to a couple service managers that remembered it (fully optioned gated manual spider, so wasn’t too common).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. azzurribaggio

Yeah looks like I'll have to contact Ferrari Tech Support to see what's going on with my registration. Maybe because I haven't registered it yet under my name? Just got the Title this week from the previous owner.