Swapping 430 exhaust into a 360 | FerrariChat

Swapping 430 exhaust into a 360

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Mimmo Blue, Jul 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I am thinking about doing the exhaust swap using the 430 exhaust in my 360.
    I found a used set locally but the photo does not seem correct. The exhaust pipes are missing the valves and look to go directly to the muffler outlet. The seller who says he is selling for a friend is adamant that these were removed from a 430. I can't understand what these pipes would have been for other than for a valveless 360.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    I don't think that this will fit on a 360. The outlets from 360 cats feed into the muffler. On a 430 they feed into the tailpipes. It would require a large amount of welding/fabrication work to make them fit. Nothing is impossible, but why would you do this in the first place. There are many good aftermarket mufflers for a 360 that are bolt-on with no fuss. Just get a Tubi and be done with it.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  3. Mimmo Blue

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dom
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i vaguely remember a few guys pulling this off years ago - did you search the archives?

5. Mimmo Blue

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Yes I did search. Didn't find much other than link to Aldousvoice.
    What I'm trying to confirm is what this person has for sale that they said csme from a 430 doesn't seem possible since there is no inlet to connect to the cats. I think it's a set if mixed up parts myself.

6. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    I followed Aldous’ instructions and it worked fine. Your photo of the tailpipes without the valves indicates that they are not stock. If you have a stock F430 system and follow Aldous ‘ instructions, it will work fine.

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  7. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel

Here is excellent post showing details ...

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/converting-f430-exhaust-to-fit-360.555204/#post-145450602

Steve

Mimmo Blue likes this.