Rear reversing light location on body - E series | FerrariChat

Rear reversing light location on body - E series

Discussion in '206/246' started by synchro, Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was browsing through the latest Dinos being sold online and wanted to ask the forum for comments on where the Dino's rear reversing light should be located on the back panel of an E series.
    Where do you feel the correct location is?
    Thanks in advance.

The Dino Compendium has these great shots clearly showing the rear reversing light centered left to right. The fore-aft alignment is set so that when looking vertically downward the lens protrudes past the sheet metal edge.
    The light housing body is mounted to the panel splitting the paint waterline.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Mine is as per the photos above.

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just looked at mine and that looks correct. Pretty sure mine was in the original location as there were no additional holes after stripping paint.

4. Ken Ivey

Ken Ivey Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    Full Name:
    Ken Ivey
    Like Bluebottle, my E Series has the reverse light center bottom, just as in the pictures. I believe it is held on by 4 fasteners. If yours' isn't there, the holes may be:)

5. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    The bottom edge of the reversing light flange lays level with the bottom of the valance, any higher and the bulb holder will hit the cut out in the panel.

The black paint line then follows the top of the reverse light box.

Tony