Lewis Hamilton | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Jul 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    What's tiring is the perpetual sniping at other users on both sides. Discuss the drivers, cars and races, not each other. 30 day thread bans.

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Elton is just lucky he is in the Mercedes, if Toto weren’t in such love with him, and wanted to rotate drivers every year, you’d have a different world champ every year, being the guy who drives the number one Mercedes..... **** me, even stroll could make the Mercedes win, let alone a decent driver. If max were in the car, or Alonso, the entire field wouldn’t see which way they went, let alone have a chance of racing them. Elton is a good driver, one of the best of his era of racing, but has exactly zero charisma, and zero chance of being thought of in the same way as the real greats of the sports even if he wins 50 Mercedes championships and 10000 race wins..... the Mercedes on the other hand will be remembered as one of the GOAT cars, no doubt whatsoever. Even bottles can make the thing win, and he’s ****

stavura and classic308 like this.
  3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Good bye.

stavura and P.Singhof like this.
  4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Because he has all the charisma of a wet fish, and the character of a praying mantis. The car is the star, it’s been obvious since 2014, Mercedes gets the plaudits, Elton just pilots the thing. If he was so great, he’d have beaten Rosberg easily, whereas we all saw how he struggled to beat him, and was beaten well by him. He even struggles against bottles when he is let off the leash, and is lucky bottles has a year by year contract that causes him to be no more than a lap dog.

The heroes of old were characters, with more charisma at the end of their finger than Elton has in his whole body.... guys a tool and we all know it, even his fanboys who seem unable to interpret facts

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

If that was true, wouldn't BOTTAS be champion as well? Or at the very least, be right up Ham's rear end for points? Here's the thing, I get it. Ferrari doesn't have what it takes right now to compete, and that's truly sad for all of us who love Ferrari, but are the not competitive because it's a perfect storm of Mercedes has a better car, or Mercedes has better cars AND drivers. OR, does the Ferrari have what it takes, EXCEPT for the drivers, or some other combination of the above.

It's never just one thing. Put a mid pack driver in the Mercedes, and it's not gonna be a winner. Put Michael Schumacher in a good, really good car, and he can win on any give Sunday. We don't know if Hamilton could win driving this year's Ferrari, or Red Bull, or whatever, and no amount of speculation is going to prove that out.

All we do know? Hamilton and Mercedes form an almost unbeatable combination over the last few years.

I'd like to see Hamilton move over to Ferrari and end this argument forever, but, Mercedes would never let that happen and Hamilton would be a fool to do it.

Wondering what kind of times the test drivers were doing in the Mercedes. How about the Ferrari? Is it all car, or does serious talent show through?

D

ktu, william and E60 M5 like this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

You do realise bottles is contracted as rear gunner, allowed to win only when either Elton fails, or they want to make it look like there’s competition?... sorry Dave, but the Mercedes is the star of the show, and Elton lucky enough to be the driver they chose to make champion in it. Put Ricci, Max, anyone in the top ten in there, put bottles as rear gunner, and you’d get the same results, probably better...

stavura likes this.
  7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Couldn’t agree more. He lost to Rosberg in 2016. If he were responsible for developing the Benz into an all conquering car-like schumey did with Ferrari-then I’d have a different opinion of him. People seem to forget the 2009-2013 LH when he had less than optimal results when he was in a less than optimal car. MB had a huge jump on the field in the hybrid era and has maintained it; I think that if we had more testing and allowed engine development MB would be having a far tougher time but it is what it is.

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

daytona355 likes this.
  9. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I’d like to see some of the MB tech team move to Ferrari. As for hammy moving to Ferrari ask Jean Alesi how that worked out....

As for the importance of the car this was very telling:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mazepin-fastest-mercedes-barcelona-testing/4389091/amp/

dm_n_stuff, 375+ and daytona355 like this.
  10. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #460 Mark(study), Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Lewis Records As of 23 June 2019
    Record / Date first achieved / Current Record
    Youngest driver to lead the World Championship[519] / 2007 Spanish Grand Prix / 22 years, 126 days
    Most points in a debut season[520] / 2007 / 109
    Most points in a season / 2018 / 408
    Most points in a season without winning the World Championship / 2016 / 380
    Most career points[521] / 2016 Austrian Grand Prix / 3,241
    Most pole positions 2017 Italian Grand Prix 86
    Most pole positions at the same Grand Prix[522] Australia 2008, 2012, 20142019[N 1] 8
    Most pole positions in a debut season[523] 2007 6
    Pole positions at most different Grands Prix[524] 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix 24
    Pole positions at most different circuits[525] 2018 French Grand Prix 27
    Wins at most different Grands Prix[526] 2018 French Grand Prix 23
    Most wins in a debut season[527] 2007[N 2] 4
    Most wins in one calendar month[528] 2016 Austrian Grand Prix2016 German Grand Prix 4 (July 2016)
    Wins at most different circuits[529] 2016 Brazilian Grand Prix 26
    Most wins in a season without winning the World Championship 2016 10
    Most wins from pole position[530] 2017 United States Grand Prix 49
    Most consecutive podium finishes from debut[531] 2007 Australian Grand Prix2007 British Grand Prix 9
    Most consecutive seasons with a win from debut season[532] 20072019 13
    Most consecutive seasons with a pole from debut season[533] 20072019 13
    Most consecutive races with at least one lap in the lead[534] 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix2015 British Grand Prix 18
    Most consecutive race starts 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix 239
    Most consecutive race finishes[535] 20
    Footnotes16 Japanese Grand Prix2018 French Grand Prix[N 3] 33
    Most consecutive points finishes[348] 2016 Japanese Grand Prix2018 French Grand Prix 33
    Most podium finishes in a season 2015, 2016, 2018[N 4] 17
    Most races with a single engine manufacturer 2017 Monaco Grand Prix 239
    Most grand slams in a season[536] 2017 British Grand Prix[N 5] 3
    Most front row starts[537] 2017 United States Grand Prix 140

1. ^ Record shared with Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher. (N 1)
    2. ^ Record shared with Jacques Villeneuve. (N 2)
    3. ^ Record shared with Nick Heidfeld. (N 3)
    4. ^ Record shared with Sebastian Vettel and Michael Schumacher although Schumacher did so with fewer total races in the season (2002). (N 4)
    5. ^ Record shared with Alberto Ascari in 1952, Jim Clark in 1963 and 1965, Nigel Mansell in 1992. (N 5)

ktu, BOKE, pilotoCS and 2 others like this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

You forgot prick of the year 2007 thru 2019, and of course, bellend of the decade for 2000-2010, and undisputed leader in the rankings for 2010-2020.

In the UK, worst dressed man 2019, biggest suck up 2018, and total greatest **** of all time.

fil, stavura and TifosiUSA like this.
  12. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    #462 Beau365, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Hamilton was fairly average between 2009 and 2013. Rosberg was ordered not to overtake him !
    IIRC he hardly scored any points at the beginning of '09 as he couldn't drive around the car's shortcomings.

The true greats have always managed to hustle a pig to get excellent results.

13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Sid you are on a tear!

daytona355 likes this.
  14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    daytona355 likes this.
  15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sid,

C'mon.

This is beneath even you. :D

We get it, you can't stand him, but somewhere in the depth of your soul you have to acknowledge that, even if he was given the best car on the planet, he still had to drive it to wins. It doesn't drive itself.

And I disagree that if you put a pedestrian third level F1 driver in the car that they would suddenly be a star. They're driving for those teams for a reason, they're not good enough for the best teams to hire them.

Ham's a jerk? Who cares. Schumacher could be a jerk too. Lots of professional athletes are jerks in all kinds of sports. Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing that professional athletes are judged by. And by that account, Hamilton is one of the best.

D

ktu, BOKE, TexasF355F1 and 1 other person like this.
  16. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Why is he a prick ? Because you don’t like him , bad personal interaction with him or because he is spanking Ferrari? I am curious . I have met almost all F1 drivers of the 80’s through the 2000’s , I can think of lot of pricks and prima dona’s, he has never come across as such to me . Can’t you be a little objective ? A spade is a spade no matter which way you look at it

william likes this.
  17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    didnt know ray charles posted here

stavura, P.Singhof and daytona355 like this.
  18. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    My name is not Ray lol . Am I missing something

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Don’t like him, don’t rate him as any more than a good driver, and based on how he acts, dresses and carries himself, I’d say he is definitely a prick in my book. Nothing wrong with you having a different opinion bud, but I don’t have to agree with anyone else

stavura and TomAZ like this.
  20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    lol im just giving you a hard time

daytona355 likes this.
  21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

I’m not arguing with anyone Dave, and I don’t think it fair you pick out my posts when I’m being a good boy..... plenty of argumentative people in here, and why should I have to listen to them waxing lyrical about the skinny little dork without being able to vent my views too? Long as I’m not personal with anyone, something I’m careful not to do, then I’m under the impression I’m allowed my opinion?

22. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    So you are assuming he is a prick based on his looks and actions , but without ever having interacted with him . It is your prerogative and yes , you don’t have to agree with others but you seem to have an unusual obsession with him , not a post without a lot of hate against someone who has zero influence on your life .

ktu, william and TexasF355F1 like this.
  23. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Did I ban you??? Nope I simply remarked that you could do better. That's not unreasonable. I didn't THREATEN to ban you, either.

Paranoid a little??? :D

And, in a thread that's about Hamilton, given your prior complaints about Hamilton fan boys posting smack in Ferrari threads, one might expect you to practice what you preach.

BUT AGAIN, I'm not threatening you with anything, simply remarking that I think you can do better.

D

BOKE likes this.
  24. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Ferrari does have what it takes, but they need to get their act together. When Seb is on, he is very good. Chuck is very fast, but needs this season to be up there with Max. The biggest problem with Ferrari is the team. Management needs to make the right decisions/strategies and the team needs to be able to follow through flawlessly.

25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’ve spoken with him on several occasions actually, and been at various events where he was and I had opportunity to se his interactions. I’m afraid I don’t like him, pure and simple, just like I think Jeremy Corbin is a ****ing lunatic tramp, and there are various people who frequent fchat for whom I have a lower regard than I have for many other people. The good thing about being an adult is that I am permitted to draw my conclusions about people in any way I see fit, Much as many of Elton’s fans here no doubt have their opinion of me which is likely as far from the real picture as it could be