mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 116 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Also...let’s not forget...go look at a base C7 and the C7 Z06/Grand Sport....2 very different looking cars. The base looks boring and flat to me next to the more aggressive variants....this is the base C8.

Dragster and VAF84 like this.
  2. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Look... they are selling C7's with 10 to 20 grand OFF MSRP.

They will sell almost all these at MSRP for the first year and close to that for another. There is no they could do that with another front engine warm over. It would be the end of Corvette from a lack of sales.

Mbutner likes this.
  3. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    I have a question. Which year corvettes would the 2016 le mans C7-R be based off of?

4. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

This is the part I can't figure out. The more and more I look at it, I'm fairly certain I'll go out and purchase one of these. However, I'm tempted to wait because under the current line up, the Grand Sport typically looks leagues better than the base. I'm in complete agreement with you. I just can't figure out what they would change to give it an even wider and more aggressive stance. Especially once you incorporate the aero package they have available. I tried to search the web for any Grand Sport references, but haven't found any yet. I'd hate to buy one of these, only to be wow'd by the GS. I just simply can't picture what a GS would look like.

classic308 and thecarreaper like this.
  5. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    I dont know. I never really paid attention to much American sports cars. But it's a risky move to change the whole car, and then it doesnt stand out. In bright red I thought it was a 90s Ferrari at first.

Yes Evora is a good car, but it's lotus. They've been doing for years MR.

6. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    I'm surprized how many would buy it. This is a car I could buy brand new, but let's see how it does on the track. If the C7 outperforms it or it doesn't do well in le mans, then it will be a bust.

7. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    i think it will be a hit for GM. Its just not for me. Im more of a front engine guy. But it looks cool (still dont like the side intake) and the interior is nice. Performance for the price is groundbreaking.

Definitely targeting a younger buyer. thats smart.

DIGMAN52 and jm2 like this.
  8. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    In this SUV apocalypse of a world we live in we ALL should be celebrating the very fact that there is a new naturally aspirated American mid engine sports car at all.

9. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^
    Amen

F2003-GA and Jo Sta7 like this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Maybe but it looks more like the way you introduce the new C8 to those pesky carjackers. :D

jm2 likes this.
  11. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    That's what the used car market is for.

I've seen some Godlike C7s with 800+ horsepower that wont throw a fit if you hit a bump too hard. minimal suspension and rigidity mods.
    I dont know if a C8 can do that. We will see...

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Mayor has been quite silent.

Mbutner and of2worlds like this.
  13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Think wider fender flares to accommodate wider tires, revised fascias and paint and trim pieces. Grand Sport may be just a trim package with unique graphics increased HP and minor trim.

classic308, of2worlds and Boomhauer like this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If the Z06 has mid 700’s hp and slightly more exotic materials, aggressive styling and 50-100 pounds removed, it’s actually going to hurt Ferrari sales. For ~$120k brand new, similar or maybe even better performance and now mid engine styling that can rival the F8, I can see a lot of people going for the Z06 at 1/3 the price. There will always be people who go for the expensive Ferrari but many will decide to go in a different direction if they nail the Z06.

of2worlds and ChadR like this.
  15. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Thats the thing, America is a "Horsepower market" and the roads are usually wide and pretty much straight most of the time. Even the race tracks. I personally think midship might have been a mistake unless they can outmuscle the Front engine vettes that precede it.

16. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Why wouldn't the new car "outmuscle" the old one? There's really no reason to believe the new car would be any less of a performer in any way. There's certainly no way the front engine car was getting to 60 in less than 3 seconds with only 495 hp.

What makes you think going mid engine would be a bad decision? The car appears to be just as practical as the outgoing car, which is really the biggest issue with going mid engine. The new car has better safety features (blind spot detection, cross traffic alert, etc.) that weren't available on the old car. They addressed ingress and egress during the presentation last night, so that's not going to be an issue. This isn't a 4C we're talking about. This is a fully fledged, drive it every day, usable car--that will likely tear up the streets and racetracks better than the previous model.

of2worlds and paulchua like this.
  17. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^^
    But....But....But.....;)

of2worlds and Jo Sta7 like this.
  18. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    The WORLD is a "Horsepower market", this is hardly an "America" deal.

paulchua, Jo Sta7 and werewolf like this.
  19. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #2895 jimmyb, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    No, it's being aimed at getting (and KEEPING) Corvette to a yearly 30,000 - 35,000 sales volume. If some of that comes from the exotics (it may) or Porsche (it may) or just brings NEW people to sports cars (more likely), than it did it's job.
    The ONLY people having the "exotic" debate are internet warriors, NO ONE at GM has called the car an "exotic".
    I bet a tidy number of "exotic" owners' first sports car WERE Corvettes.

Corvettes are successful because they are very high performance cars that you can actually drive, put lots of miles on, not worry about the car at the grocery store, etc. Isn't the most basic part of enjoying a car is the DRIVING part of it. There's a zillion posts on this forum from Ferrari owners who DON'T drive their cars out of FEAR something will happen to them. Sure doesn't sound like enjoying the car to me.

20. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    No the world isn't.
    Yeah , you keep defending American muscle beyond practicality.
    Too loyal. responses like this make me honestly believe this car is going to flop.
    No History in racing with MR cars, no MR cars prior to now, and suddenly they're going to get it right?
    Chevy not that good.

21. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    • Personal Attack: 1-day thread exclusion.
    Wow, you're not smart...

22. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    100% agreed.

Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren ... horsepower increases with each new model. Why? Their customers ... worldwide ... demand it.

paulchua and Jo Sta7 like this.
  23. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Ok, hot shot.
    What did I type that was incorrect.
    Do your parents know you're using their computer?

sainthoo likes this.
  24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The world is absolutely in a horsepower war. You’re delusional if you think it’s limited to American cars.

ryanro24, werewolf and paulchua like this.