430 Scuderia wheel weights? | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia wheel weights?

Discussion in '360/430' started by dwe8922, Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Does anyone have a source for wheel weights for the Scuderia grey wheels?

I got a new set of tires mounted, and the wheel weights that the had that would fit on the outer lip of the front wheels (scud front wheel outer weights won't clear the calipers so have to be mounted on the outer lip of the rim) were way off in color. So, he gave me extras for the outer to paint and put on. Both came off somehow; I prepped the area well with denatured alcohol....

I tried to match up the original syles with a google search, but couldn't find anything. Would ricambi have something like that?

2. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    I special order mine through Wurth. I can also get them in Gray, Black and Gold through them

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    David- How about painting them? Color should be Grigio Silverstone.

4. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    I looked into the Wurth weights, and they seem to sell only in bulk. I checked Ricambi, and it looks like they sell the original weights in small quantity. I might go that route, or I might get the same weights that came off and try again.... Then inner weights my friend used are all still in place, and I'm sure he uses good quality. He missed my instuction about the front outer weights have to go on the outer part of the rim (he has a Porsche shop), and put the outer weights just inside the spokes like any other wheel. So, I got extras from him, painted them (I just found a grey rattle can that was really close, but thanks for the color Terry, I'll note it), and then put them on myself lining them up with the misplaced ones, and then pulled them....

I used denatured alcohol to clean the outer rim, and the weights sat on the wheels for a few days before driving with them. Any suggestions as to why they came off?

Come to think of it, I flung off front outer weights from one front wheel not long after I got the car. I've never put any kind of coating on my wheels, and I've had it 5 years.....

Thanks!