mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 117 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    No they don't. I'm grounded right now.

2. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #2902 jimmyb, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Here you go Chad, I'll make it easy for you since you seem to think this horsepower proliferation is an "American" thing.
    How many 600+ horsepower cars are produced by country?
    Germany
    Italy
    England
    France
    Sweden
    United States
    Japan

Here's a hint: The U.S. is NOT in the top 3. In fact Mercedes-Benz and Ferrari offer more 600+ horsepower cars than all the U.S. makers combined. GM offers TWO cars now with over 600HP (there's another hint)
    Now, study up because you are way out of your depth here.

werewolf likes this.
  3. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    The world is not in a Horsepower war. I'm not even going to explain why. That's mostly in America.

It's not difficult to get gobs of horsepower. You have tuning companies that have been tuning cars way into 1000+ horsepower with ease.

We will see how well the corvette does.

4. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Personal attack. 1-day thread reply exclusion.

All the best,
    Andrew.

5. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Wow, the butthurt in this thread. Whew!! I cringed the 2nd time I read "Median house" like the poster was referencing the unwashed masses. Gross.

This car is fantastic. It's not aimed at Ferrari. If it's comparable to a 2007 model Ferrari in looks, cool with me. Since when is "It looks like a Ferrari" a bad thing?

Again, GM total redesigned it's halo car ground up, made it mid engined, found a way (somehow) to keep it cheap and still appears to deliver on some cool technology and high performance. In my opinion, this is one of the most stunning product launches ever. This wasn't done in some handmade shop. It's GM - a mass manufacturer. It's unbelievable that they've pulled this off.

Lastly, they'll sell like hotcakes. Guys like me (Mid 30's) will stop buying 10 year old Ferrari's, or BMW M cars, or even lower level Porsche's and just buy this. I cannot wait to see the GS/ Z06 versions. Well done.

JoeTSI, Boomhauer, SAT4RE and 10 others like this.
  6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    James I agree with everything you’ve said. Chad was a troll. Pure irrational hatred towards a really great product by GM.

7. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    So now we're talking about tuning companies? I thought we were talking about "off the shelf", anyone can walk in to a dealer and buy it.
    Sorry, I'm not good at kicking field goals when the goalposts are motorized.:rolleyes:

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I really like the overall shape of the design, engineering layout, and the performance sounds like it will be excellent. I'm less enamored with the styling elements that make it look too busy for me. It's like they didn't know when to stop styling it and should have stuck with a simpler execution of what was an excellent design shape.

It'd be interesting to see if anyone does a cleaned up exterior restyle more reminiscent of the CERV III or the C5/C6 era.

I might be in a minority, since I really don't like the design nomenclature of the C7 either. :oops:

All the best,
    Andrew.

energy88 and paulchua like this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Very strange indeed. It's very obvious we're currently in a HP war. It's been going from start until the 60s, took a huge hiatus in the 70s (in which the claim would be valid), and started right back up in the 80s until now.

Heck, even in the 80s & 90s when Japan had a "Gentlemen agreement" it was just on paper.

The Vette was never meant or classified as an exotic. What it represents is incredible everyday performance with a value price. In fact, I respect many that eschew some of the premium brands that command a premium price.

The Vette is great in my book. I think this looks great.

10. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #2910 jimmyb, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    ^^^
    I agree, I think the car is a little "busy". I especially don't like the black (carbon flash) blade on the side intake and the absolutely horrendous (IMO) rear spoiler. Luckily, you can have the blade done in body color (for some money, of course).
    I won't get Z51 because that spoiler bugs me so much.

I had a base 2014 Stingray Convertible that I think is great looking. When they started plastering all the black plastic "spats" and splitters and spoiler on it (Z06/GS), I thought it ruined the car. Even the Z51 spoiler on the C7 spoiled the very cool "boattail" line from the tonneau and over the trunk lid (on the convertible).
    Here's my car, you can see that line.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I always try to full reserve judgement on looks until I see in person. Pictures sometimes skew the way things look you know what I mean? Look forward checking it out in the flesh. But I like what I see so far.

Cheers

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  12. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Apparently you can opt for the "tall" spoiler that looks like a more subdued version that comes on the C7 ZR1 instead.

13. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Yes, I saw that. It's certainly better (that didn't take much!!), I need to see a profile picture of the car with that spoiler. All the pics I've seen with the "tall" spoiler are 3/4 from the front.

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    You talking about the 70s?
    American muscle cars are great, and the flip side is denigrating them as well - which is the mirror image of the first contention. As to if it flops or not, I don't know, but I like what I see. I think it will do fine.
    Are you serious? Chevy has no racing history with MR cars? You really just said that.

werewolf likes this.
  15. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Unfortunately that has not worked to well in the past, sans 05-06 Ford GT for 2 years and limited prod. The others were discontinued due to lack of sales and poor early development.

Not sure why they are so focused on price and 0-60 times, if the car works it will sell, if not it will sell to the elbow out the window guys.

I need to drive the car before I could really love it. Again, styling wise not bad.

Someone said they don't see vettes and he was from NY, must be way upstate because I have been in NYC area / Long Island my entire life we have an abundance of vettes of every year here in large numbers. I see dozens everyday. Nothing wrong with that, but they are all over.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Looks nice, or can be co figured to look nice. Let’s see how it drives and what the build quality is like.

Mbutner likes this.
  17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    ChadR...50 posts...thread ban...arrogant and dismissive...do FChat a favor and just get rid of him permanently.

paulchua, sainthoo and Jo Sta7 like this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I'm of the mindset everybody deserves a second chance.

:)

Hope he tones the "Chevy Sucks" bit when he comes back. That's only fashionable in certain circles.

Mbutner likes this.
  19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    You never get a SECOND chance to make a FIRST impression.

energy88, Boomhauer and paulchua like this.
  20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    :D

paulchua likes this.
  21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Hey!
    I just noticed today is my 13th year FChat anniversary!
    :)

paulchua, Boomhauer, anunakki and 4 others like this.
  22. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
    energy88, of2worlds, Mbutner and 2 others like this.
  23. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    3LT, Z51 option cars will always be sought after.

They seem to be sought after in the used market and do not have the expensive Mag shocks to deal with.

My options are called out on the bottom row. Look in the glove box!

(Lowly C6).

of2worlds likes this.
  24. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    went to put a deposit on one until I got this email:

Thanks for your interest in the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette.

We will have a 2020 Corvette Stingray on display July 25th from 4pm to 8 pm

The current process for ordering the 2020 Corvette is as follows:

We are now accepting a $1,000 deposit to be placed in the lottery for the first 25 orders.
    We will draw from the pool of customers to determine the order in which you will select your Corvette.

The selling price will be at a premium over MSRP, contact me for details.

You can place you deposits in person or we can do everything by phone, text or email

25. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    That sucks. I would just wait.
    Heck you can buy still new 2017 Zo6 and Zr1 Vettes right now.