360 - Wont Start | FerrariChat

360 Wont Start

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kipper, Jul 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kipper

Kipper Karting

May 1, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Kipper
    Hi Members,
    Looking for some assistance please

I have a 2005 360 Spider that has been sitting in storage on a tender for approximately 2.5 years
    today i decided to get it running and clean it up but unfortunately i could not get it started

The remote opens the door, F1 Pump starts runs and stops, Selected N and engine cranks very well however it will not show any signs of firing.

The red alarm Led Blinks when armed and stops blinking on solid when disarmed.

I do not have a code reader but i cannot help but think that it has something to do with the alarm system. I recall on previous posts that the alarm siren on the 360 was potentially a problem and that this may be the cause of my problem

Can anyone please provide some assistance as to how i can diagnose the alarm system and or this problem in general

Thank you
    Kipper

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Oh boy....... Trev! Where are you?

This almost sounds like another failure of the worthless immobilizer system.

The immobilizer system is pathetic and prone to failure and when it does, there can be a plethora of 'interesting' symptoms. Starting can be one. Mine expressed itself in not wanting to restart the engine after running for 30 seconds or 3 hours.

Trev has reverse engineered the car's ECU's so that they don't even look for the ECU signal. Aside from the ability to pretty much use any ECU's, the car starts every time and you can simply toss the failure prone imho system.

I'm not totally sure what you have for a problem, but that is a place to start. Don't forget to message Trev360!

3. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Could be many things causing the problem. When a car sits for that long I would not be surprised if its leaking oil too. Might as well start with the easy stuff. Drain the gas tank and put some fresh gas in. Remember to change the fuel filter too.

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    We do not have replaceable fuel filters, they are integrated in the pumps.

5. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The ECUs expect a certain RPM when cranking to prevent flooding the engine. Even if it crank very well, it might not be at the expected RPM and the ECU will shut down. I would replace the battery if you haven't done so.

6. Kipper

Kipper Karting

May 1, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Kipper
    Thanks all for your replies
    The cranking speed is very good and no different to any other previous time

Even with old fuel i would still expect some hint of firing??

To me it seems that there is either no fuel no spark or both ??

It seems to me to behave exactly as i have previously experienced if the Immobilizer was not set

I will also try to find out how to contact Trev 360, as i would like to know what the symptoms of the system are how the red LED light behaves when the system is faulty

Thank you all
    Kipper

7. Kipper

Kipper Karting

May 1, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Kipper
    Hi Ingenere,

How can i send a post or PM to Trev
    Thanks
    Kipper

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    You can PM him: 360Trev

9. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Before purchasing my 360 some three years ago, I was cautioned by the many threads I read on the so-called unreliability of the F1 transmission which I desired after some 2.5 decades of driving three-pedal cars. I made it a mission to improve the reliability of the beast wherever I could. It started with upgrading the F1 relay to a 50 amp version from the 30amp, later to be replaced with Scuding Swiss' electronic version. Anecdotal evidence that a blown brake light bulb could cause F1 failure mandated a Scuding Swiss LED light package. Finally, within the last month, I ditched the Immobilizer system based on 360Trev's re-flash of the engine ECUs. Over the years, I bleed the F1 system a number of times.

Today, I have a good deal more confidence in the upgrades I have made to improve the reliability of the F1 system... and I do not worry about it any more.

10. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    You already know where to start: fuel and spark. Spark is easy to check. Then move to fuel. Until you do those things, you would only be guessing. Fixing a car isn't rocket science; You just need to be systematic.

11. Kipper

Kipper Karting

May 1, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Kipper
    Hi Members
    Have contacted Trev, he is very knowledgeable and has given me some positive pointers to start tracking the problem
    I will be back once i get the chance to test the options.

Trev also explained in detail the merits of removing the Immobilizer which i am keen to do once i work out the current problem

Kipper

360trev and RANDY6005 like this.