v12books - my experience | FerrariChat

v12books - my experience

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by mechaniker, May 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany
    Hey everyone,

just received another parcel mailing from v12books, as always in perfect condition. I am very pleased with every transaction and Mr Nilles is able to source some rare stuff for my interest. He is very helpful to check, given the books have enough content for my concerns and worth a purchase. The description of the condition is very honest and I mostly like to say, that he is very cautious in his judgement.

I have no benefit of posting this. I just want tell positive experiences!

Greets

tifoso2728 likes this.
  2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I've had good experiences with Marcus also.

3. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    +1 Top seller and since some years it is always a pleasure!

4. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Until this last week my experience had been a bit frustrating. I had found a book on the website that I tried to order. I could not order without registering and once I had registered I discovered that the book was not available. Frustrating but no more than that.

Last Sunday, during the British GP, I placed an order. Not a massive order but an order. Before the end of the race I had received an acknowledgement and a request for payment. Everything was very efficient. I paid using PayPal on Monday morning and received a very well packed parcel on Friday. I know that we are in the same continent but to receive something from Germany after only a few days is still very impressive. My items were in a better condition than advertised and I cannot praise Marcus enough.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  5. Retail

Retail Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Eastern US
    Full Name:
    Retail
    I agree. I have bought several books from him and his performance is terrific, no one has been better.

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I am pleased to confirm that Mr Marcus Nilles' services and communication is outstanding. Zero problem whatsoever, highly recommended.

Marcel Massini

7. dino286

dino286 Karting

May 1, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Eugène Vingerhoeds
    Nice guy (I exchanged some emails) and very reliable.

8. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    Just got this email from him:

life is change! As an appropriate response to changes in my life I will close the
    v12books online shop.

As of now, I offer to buy wares from the actual v12books range of goods discounted.

For this purpose you transmit an e-mail to [email protected] with numbers from
    articles you are interested to buy discounted. Referring to, you are invited to make
    price proposals. In return I check them and transmit a reply, approving or making
    counterproposal.
    Please perform your order after achieved consultation with me, not before, because
    I cannot change prices already in receipt of an order. A circumstance that depends
    on the programming of the web site!

I will be glad to hear from you and I thank you retrospective and in advance for your
    interest in www.v12books.com

Kind Regards

Marcus Nilles

9. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I did not receive the message but it's been some time since I've purchased from Marcus so perhaps my email address has dropped off of his system.

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope it is not due to some personal hardship in Marcus's life.

I wish him well.

10. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    No worry, Marcus is doing well!

Jack-the-lad and Dino2400 like this.
  11. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    I'm sorry to hear V12 books will be discontinued. I have bought several items from Marcus and always without any problem.
    However i must admit his stock was not for the more 'concerning' collector. The items offered lately were pretty random.
    Glad to hear he is doing well personally. Wish him al the best for the future!

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  12. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany
    Tomorrow, v12 books sadly will be closing...

13. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It’s been nearly two years since the previous announcement and he’s still been open. Has this been verified directly with Marcus?

14. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes. I've had several emails counting down. Tomorrow is the last day the website will be available and the last chance to buy.

15. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    So have I, but as I said, the same thing happened in 2019. When I mentioned this thread to him in 2019 he seemed surprised and asked for a link to it. I did not hear from him again until the latest succession of messages announcing the closing.

I would have thought he might offer some incentives to reduce inventory as much as possible before closing. Perhaps he has a bulk purchaser for whatever is left.

16. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Website is down, not accessible anymore.

17. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Yes. I hope Marcus is well and that this is not due to any negative personal circumstances.

Dino2400 likes this.
  18. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Bought some last minute items from Marcus. He is fine, just taking on some new adventures.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  19. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    #19 Ferrari27, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    A great shame that the shop has closed but I wish Marcus all the best for the future.