Conflicted.... but Happy | FerrariChat

Conflicted.... but Happy

Discussion in 'F1' started by spirot, Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    So I got the invite today to go to the Austin GP.... which means Paddock club & Mercedes Lounge.

conflict is obviously I'm a Ferrari fan, and not much into Mercedes. 1/2 of me is thrilled anytime I get to go to F-1 Paddock, and 1/2 feels like a traitor... But ultimately thankful for the opportunity.

2. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    I understand, but that’s a pretty good problem to have. I would go have the time of my life. Enjoy

paulchua likes this.
  3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Send me the tickets as I support Hamilton anyway; you can stay at home unconflicted and route for Ferrari!!!

4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Go, find Elton’s prep room, put itching powder in his race suit, and hair remover in his underpants..... change the language on his cellphone, put clear plastic cling film wrap across his toilet seat, and glue his helmet to the floor.... **** with him while you have the chance. If you won’t, I don’t mind, I’ll pretend to be a Mercedes dickhead whilst avenging their cheating, I’ll jump up and down on every front wing they have, and spike their tyres!

OMG, my evilness is in overload, please please please take me to Austin, I’ll pay for everything just to get in there and take a dump on totos desk

5. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Why go to the race anyway? The season is already over and I would not go to see another Mercedes farce/gloating event.

Accept the invite and then have a "family" or "medical" emergency the week of the race in order to bow out gracefully and leave the opportunity open for a future invite.

daytona355 likes this.
  6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    wow... sounds fun.

tonyc and daytona355 like this.
  7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Oh, I'm going... regardless of being in Mercedes... ( I'll have to really lie - as I don't even like their road cars ) .... we'll be down with the Team in the Silver Arrows Lounge... so that means Paddock access all day... I hope Mauro at Ferrari will be ok with us "visiting"....

stavura, Jakuzzi, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  9. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I believe your conflict is worse than mine !
    Was a guest on one of the Williams drivers boats for Monaco, back when Williams were fast.
    One of the Williams cars crashes out right in front of us. Myself and the g/f fist punch the air with joy. Lot's of strange looks from everyone else on board.
    Michael won the the race :)

daytona355 likes this.
  10. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    You can go and troll them wearing all your Ferrari stuff.

11. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Just walk around whispering Forza....

kandi, tonyc and daytona355 like this.
  12. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    That would go down well :)

daytona355 and Nortonious like this.
  13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    +1
    I think they should be as tolerant in the Mercedes camp as we were told to be here when all the Mercedes fans joined:) Let´s try whether that works that great outside the virtual reality...

kes7u, stavura, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That would be sweet, a hammer time I could get into!!!!!!!!! Hehehe

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

15. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    ypsilon, kes7u, DF1 and 3 others like this.
  16. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    I felt the same way when I was at the Aldo Costa presentation (by Formula Passion) in Bologna last month.

crinoid likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Can you imagine the black eyes and broken noses that would result in a Ferrari fan going to Mercedes and trying to open the conversation with ‘so, you guys, who is going to agree with me that Ferrari are best, and Mercedes are
    Total ****’. It would be carnage, although if I was to do it, I’d take timebomb with me so it wasn’t me that came off worst!

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

18. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    I’ll buy you some Mercedes fan boy apparel if you let me join! ;)

19. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    The Tifosi were not very kind to me in Montreal lol , and I didn’t even get a chance to trash talk them

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If you were supporting the enemy, how could you be surprised? Tifosi love Ferrari, and while the rest are competitors, it doesn’t make them our equals, it just makes them the enemy. Personally, I’d have a hard time remaining civil if someone gets in my face arguing on behalf of Elton or any other enemy, I usually utter a witty comeback and then walk away before I lose my temper if they keep trying to needle me, woe betide them if they decide to attempt to continue on with the argument after that point, I’m not the most patient person (as probably comes across here sometimes, it can be a boon in some circumstances, but get me into a lot of trouble in the wrong ones!)

21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Ha! Would be fun! I’m going with a work bud - you should come anyway!

22. Thomas S.

Thomas S. Karting

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Been in the Merc box in Spielberg, 1 hour before the race - in full Ferrari-gear, with my daughter. Lewis looked a bit puzzled - maybe that confused him, so he had pretty bad race...

daytona355, Bas and stavura like this.
  23. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    :D:D

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Well done, brought him plenty of bad luck.... I’ll pay for you to attend every race from now on, go an shake his hand, really ruffle his feathers

25. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Yes, shake his hand. If you cannot yet crush a walnut with your handshake, please consider strength training.

daytona355 likes this.