mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 120 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    I'm contacting Mike Furman at Criswell.

Innovativethinker and of2worlds like this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Awesome, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers

3. mikelfrance

Apr 15, 2014
    You know my entire point is that here you have a 20 year old car -- the Ferrari 360 coupe -- and it sells today for about the same price as this new Corvette.

A 20 year old used car. And the Stradale version sells for over 4 times this price.

IMO, that's pretty remarkable.

4. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    My 13th anniversary was the same day they unveiled the c8.

Shouldn't be too hard to convince my wife that it's a sign that I was meant to have one!

thecarreaper, italiafan and of2worlds like this.
  5. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh no doubt, that’s one of the reasons I love Ferrari. Once they hit full depreciation, they either appreciate or follow inflation. But the maintenance on a 20 year old Ferrari vs a factory fresh Chevy....

:)

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #2982 paulchua, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    It took me a long time to get here, but I hope you all can indulge me with my current musing. One thing I've found in the car world is folks can be very passionate and loyal to one 'car' brand. I don't think anything is wrong with this, I am one of those folks, obviously with this forum's namesake.

That said, I try to be open-minded about all car and brands because I sincerely believe there are much to be enjoyed and relished with most performance vehicles. I've tried to come up with an analogy that would have natural and broad applicability to where I landed in my philosophy. I think the best is this: food.

Stay with me here. First and foremost, a car's main job is to get a person from point A to point B. Sure, some vehicles relegated in museums, but I liken this to a food's main job is to nourish and feed you. Some food enshrined in cookbook photos, so I guess that's the closest you'll get to a museum.
    So basically all food, whether it be a plain slice of bread, to foie gras - will feed you, and you don't die. A Prius will 'get you there.' Mission accomplished.

Next, is the performance; this is where I liken food to the car as 'flavor.' Bland food 'gets the job done' but doesn't do much for taste buds. Blessed with having eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world myself, I will not lie and say I will enjoy the guilty pleasure of 2 tacos for 99 cents at Jack in Box. I liken this reality to cheap vs. expensive performance. Think uber tuned 1/4 miler vs. Chiron.

Sure, Osteria Francesca is excellent, but sometimes a Big Mac value meal gets the job done for me for 'flavor.'

What I've learned with food, is variety and cost are essential facets when determining, 'what's for dinner?' Sure, all of us will most likely settle on their 'usual' - that's awesome, but I often like to keep an open mind and to have Lobster one day, doesn't mean I will turn my nose on a grilled cheese sandwich the next.

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    and what do cars and food have in common; the more you know the less you will like either one of them... :(

paulchua likes this.
  9. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Nobody said anything about a Corvette SUV, so I really have no idea what you're talking about...

No one is angry that Ferrari made a mid engine V8 car 1999, least of all me. You're the only one that's hung up on the notion that Chevy somehow "caught up" with Ferrari with the C8. Note that not a single poster on here has come to your defense with your ridiculous notion, yet you continue to assert your position despite not having any logical basis for your statement. It's simply one of the most asinine claims I've seen on the Internet lately, and that's saying something. There's nothing particularly groundbreaking about the 360, and as many posters have commented, the two companies are not in genuine competition for customers.

Mbutner and Boomhauer like this.
  10. mikelfrance

Apr 15, 2014
    Who said the 360 is ground breaking?

Yet look at the Vette fans -- who is saying the Corvette is!

11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    360 is a crap car...huh? Say again....?

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I was going to wait for the Z06 but I decided to talk to my dealer about moving my ZL1 Camaro on this. I just really like the car.

ryanro24, Phil~, thecarreaper and 3 others like this.
  13. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I wouldn't personally call the C8 groundbreaking, but can you name another new mid-engine car that offers the expected level of performance for $60,000 and a full warranty? A Cayman S starts at nearly $10,000 more, and it won't come close to the performance of the C8. This is what has people excited (and has always excited people) about the Corvette--it brings high performance to the masses at a fairly attainable price. This time it's with a mid-engine layout and the dynamics that come with it, which excites people because it's a production first for the brand. Sure Ferrari did mid-engine production cars earlier, and Lamborghini before them, and others before them, but Ferrari and Lamborghini didn't do it at a price that the "average Joe" could afford.

VAF84, of2worlds and Boomhauer like this.
  14. mikelfrance

Apr 15, 2014
    Can we just stop arguing. I said I'm not knocking EITHER car.

I was looking at a Cayman S but it's just not appealing to me. The new Vette could be.

Dragster likes this.
  15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I would LOVE a totally stripped down car with basic cloth hard shell race seats, roll bar, sound dampening and carpeting completely removed, hardtop versus targa, more underbody aero, GT3 RS style wing, 3350lbs wet, and about 925 HP. That, my friends, would be THE car. I would pay upwards of $150,000 for that car.

of2worlds and FerrariF430boy like this.
  16. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
  17. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
    #2992 normv, Jul 20, 2019
    seems like you could do all of that to a base Vette and have change left over. Heck bring it to me and I will make molds of the rear engine lid and front hood with air tunnels in C/F for less weight too. Made these for the Cayman.

Attached Files:

thecarreaper and Thecadster like this.
  18. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Thanks. I'm afraid I've probably got 10-14 months (at least) before I get the car....
    Oh well, I've got my wife's SS to drive;)

of2worlds and paulchua like this.
  19. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Is your dealer in Pittsburgh?

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yes I through Riverview Chevy, Jared is my salesman. He’s the man. Has to be the most prolific Chevy salesman on the east coast

of2worlds and JV's89 like this.
  21. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    #2996 JV's89, Jul 20, 2019
    I bought my c7 from Northstar in Moon.

I’ll check out Riverview. I believe my accountant is friends with the owner.

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ask for Jared Candelore you can say I referred you if you want. DM me I’ll give you my info if you’d like.

Boomhauer and JV's89 like this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    cool, make sure to report your findings!

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  25. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Here's what I'm thinking (but a convertible)
    Long Beach Red, Natural interior, Body color accents, Split spoke Pewter wheels.
    I certainly have plenty of time to change my mind!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

VAF84, kandi, Phil~ and 8 others like this.