High mileage 328s | Page 2 | FerrariChat

High mileage 328s

Discussion in '308/328' started by gt4me, Mar 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I absolutely agree, no doubt. The difference was much greater in the past between the "average" driver and the "very good" one. Going really fast was a very demanding challenge, and those able to take it were few and far between. But, as today's cars are exceeding the possibilities of the roads (not to mention rules and regulations...another matter, but which does enter the equation!) it doesn't matter much, actually: two months ago I took the 328 GTB for a drive with a friend of mine; by sheer accident, I found a 40 miles drive without any roundabout, without any speed bumps, just nice, flowing curves. Without exceeding the limits once, the sensation I had was just incredible: just like in the old days, everything was flowing smoothly, the car felt like she hadn't be that happy in years and my friend told me that I was grinning like an idiot...
    Even these small pleasures within the speed limits are long gone nowadays due to the roundabouts, speed bumps and what-have-you; can't even imagine what it would be with a modern sportscar!
    Rgds

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    True; many among today's drivers have no respect for the car, and forget that when the limit is indeed exceeded, the car bites hard.
    Rgds

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I should point out that my odometer seems to read about 4% high, when comparing it to milepost markers, so my car has probably gone 4% fewer miles than what's on the clock. I suspect that's fairly typical.

4. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Mine reads about 60% high - it's in kilometers, but has been reported as miles. So my real total is just 11000.

5. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Now up to 72,000 Jeff :)

6. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #31 desmomini, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Cool...good luck w sale! It's a corker, as they say.

philS likes this.