The good news is, mid engine Ferrari's are safe (C8 Vette) | Page 8 | FerrariChat

The good news is, mid engine Ferrari's are safe (C8 Vette)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Fireman1291, Jul 9, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    If anything, SOME Ferrari owners may buy a Corvette. The vast majority of Corvette owners don’t play at the $450,000+ price range, which is why they will do so well with this car. It seems very well done.

Ellagirl likes this.
  2. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
  3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Of course, we’re speaking in general terms here. Obviously there are some car enthusiasts that have a Ferrari and a Corvette in the garage, but, again, as a rule, were talking different budgets, desires, tastes, practical needs, etc.

4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I give them a ton of credit. The car is stunning and ideally positioned. If it hasn’t been mentioned in the thread yet, it should be noted that it blows the NSX away. Much more exciting package, in my opinion.

5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    What I read is people thinking what other people will do. Myself included. What GM marketing might be interested in is whether the white haired guy is talking to his wife during dinner at AppleBees about how he'll trade in his C7 and get the new car. I don't hear alot of "I'm going to the dealership with cash" or "I was there today putting a deposit on a car". That's what matters and because I simply will never own an NSX or Vette.. I haven't been on the Vette forums for confirmation of what really matters to their marketing.
    You know that regardless of model there is a Vette guy out there that has a smug grin on his face while he thinks to himself "Ferrari owner is an idiot, I could spank that car on the road for a third the price!"

BOKE likes this.
  6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Wrong on so many levels. I guess Ron Pratt cant afford a 450k Ferrari? Dude dropped 3 million on a GM Futureliner..come man, pull your head out of your bum

Boomhauer and RedNeck like this.
  7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I have nothing to add to this, it was just worth the quote.

8. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

True - but I think they got a lot more overlap in the Venn diagram with this version than the previous Corvettes.

boxerman and EastMemphis like this.
  9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Anyhow, juvenile comments from a few aside, I think they did a impressive job on the styling and I’m sure it’s a top performer. They’ll do very well with it.

DrewH likes this.
  10. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I could be wrong but this seems like a big leap for Chevy. I can't think of a lot of examples where someone has launched a car for $60K where a bunch of Ferrari owners are debating how much it directly competes with the $250K+ Ferraris we are accustomed to. What else is this worthy of even discussing a cross-comparison and under $100K?

anunakki likes this.
  11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeh i give them credit for zigging while everyone is zagging. Id buy one just cuz why not. Its like a disposable super car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    This Corvette is at the baby stages. 495hp. GM will stuff 900hp in this thing by 2021 with electric boost.

Corvettes on the track have handed Ferrari their butts on a platter for over 20 years. For 60-70k I don't care about the stitching on a shrinking leather dash.

dmundy, Jasonberkeley and BJK like this.
  13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Haha so true - shrinking dashes build character lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. DanSavage

DanSavage Rookie

Dec 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dan Savage
  15. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Only if you have rolls of hundreds coming out of your butt. If you have $80-$100ish K to blow on 1 serious dream car, you will need to settle on only 1 & buy it. Not 1 of every flavor & brand.
    Sent from my Nexus 6 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    If you slap a prancing horse on the front and back 99% of the population would say wow! look at the new Ferrari!

Boomhauer and Jaguar36 like this.
  17. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I tend to find humor in the most basic of human relations and some of the comments on this thread had me laughing. The way I see it (when set up right), the 4C and the Evora 400 ( manual version) are both better cars (my modified 718 is better too),than a 360 or a 430, and I'm pretty sure the new 718 GT4 at a bit over 100K will be a better car than any Ferrari made until the 458. I am getting a C8 (and a 458 too), just because I want to take it apart. It has been a while since I have done that and I have the urge again. I don't know what the C8 will be like, though that spoiler definitely cannot be on mine. I would have said that no manual means no car at one point but I have come to recognize that some cars are actually better without 3 pedals, and Ferrari's are among those cars (at least the newer ones) I have owned 360/430's in both F1 and manual, right now I have two 911's (one manual one PDK) and 2 Cayman 718's (one manual one PDK), I can see the use of PDK in the 911, but I think the Cayman just works better as manual. Will the DCT work in a corvette, I don't know but as a member of that forum I watched the Auto/manual thing the same way as the F1/manual thing was on here. I don't think Ferrari makes great manual cars, I like the manual in the Evora 400, 718. Miata, S2000, and others much better. What I don't like is 7 (I was fine with the 5 speed in the Abarth in fact),speed manuals, see no reason for them and it messes up the pattern. What I found most amusing were those of you who perceive themselves as knowing what all potential Corvette and Ferrari owners and buyers think. I don't know what I will do the rest of today yet, I might buy 1 maybe 2 cars, I never know. No the autistic guy who has owned close to 500 cars is not typical, but I don't think any of you want to be categorized as a typical something either, would you!

Jasonberkeley and G. Pepper like this.
  18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    100%.
    i thought mclaren first and then said maybe its a Ferrari

19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Interesting discussion here. Yesterday a our C&C, mostly exotic owners, the reviews of the C8, for those who bothered to look reveal, were mixed. But for styling cues this came up.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I have never ben a Corvette fan and really dislike the C7. I own 2 F cars, a 308 GTB QV purchased new and a 95 355 I picked up in 6 years ago. But I'm interested in the C8. And I'm really interested in how it will perform in IMSA. I'm sure a decent car will be in the $75k range.

925kevin and Caphill like this.
  20. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Has Hyundai’s designer from the 90’s gone from working at Mclaren to GM?

davemqv likes this.
  21. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I think that it looks and sounds like great bang for your buck. The only negative for me is that there is no manual option.

22. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    #198 Ellagirl, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    I ordered one. It will be my every day car. My C&C car is a Countach. Or my 32 Brookville Ford roadster I have also owned several Ferraris. I will say this. We can pick this car apart and bash a few details,but ,at the end of the day, how can you not admire Gm for offering all this for 60-70 k? Also categorising car guys in 2020 ,is almost retarded. Shure there is a few morons out there who just dont get it. But most of my car buddys own a mix of everything from Italian to Hummers. Great job. Amazing value,this new Vette

23. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I've loved every Corvette made, though I've only owned a C5 and a C6, had three times as many Ferrari's so far. I thought at some point I'd do a C7 as well, personally think they're stunning. But never in my wildest imagination did I consider Corvette a substitute for Ferrari, until now. My son and I wanted a 458 spider along with our current Cali T and C7 was just like out there as a possible third car at some point but now we both want a C8 instead of the 458 spider. Some of the comments including OP's are just way off the mark. This car is gorgeous, game changer. It'll probably suffer the same cheapish leather but at least the dash leather won't shrink and detatch and the buttons won't go sticky. I love my Cali T, will always have at least one Fcar but I'm finding it harder by the hour to not go order a C8 now.

24. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Kruegmeister and Caphill like this.