812 Spider | Page 13 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Niiiiiice!!! :) (so clean looking!)

Bundy likes this.
  2. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    No issues with the law enforcement?

3. Techman

Techman Karting

Dec 9, 2003
    Ha fair. Where did you get them painted? And what was the process? Just remove them and paint them? My 812 is due in a couple of months and I hate the reflectors.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I find it hard to believe that Ferrari will not only sell the 812VS in the States, but also call it GTO.

Back prior to the TdF release quite a few of those here "in-the-know" kept saying that the F12 VS would be called GTO, and would not have the LaF engine. All of it turned out to be wrong.

An 812 VS is coming, that's a given, but I'm sure it will not be called GTO and be a US car only. I mean, what would even be the point of that?

ajr550 likes this.
  5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I can only present some logical speculation.

I have no doubt they will have to use the GPF on the 812 Spider. And I am sure they will come up with some clever solutions to the issues it presents. But fundamentally, the GPF is another thing in the way of the engine having instant responses and clear sound- and probably other things I can't imagine.

If you are designing a Spider, perhaps the performance threshold you need to reach isn't quite as high as it would be for a VS model. So, perhaps the GPF presents a more difficult obstacle for the VS engineering. Thus, one solution would be to remove the GPF from the equation. That could be done by selling into a market that doesn't require it (US).

It would be a bit ironic that Europe and the rest of the world often got the better cars due to US regulations, and now it would be the reverse.

But 812 copies for the US seems like an awful lot- of course we are thinking along the lines of LE models like the 599 GTO and F12tdf. The rules are changing so perhaps the 812 VS will follow different rules?

As to GTO name, why can't they use it? They can use any name they want. To borrow a phrase from Traveller, if the car is amazing then they could call it hamburger and we would love it.

I'd like mine with extra fries :)

DRYHOLE, of2worlds, R J and 2 others like this.
  6. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I’ll gladly take one of the 812 copies, with extra fries and even orange reflectors if there’s no GPF. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and R J like this.
  7. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Ferrari 812 Superfast Animal Style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klinkman and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. Vincent Lehmann

BANNED

Oct 4, 2018
    Paris
    It is 100% confirmed that the 812 Aperta will be presented in the beginning of September in Maranello. Clients from UK & Americas were invited September 2nd followed by APAC and EMEA over a few days lasting till about September 6th or 7th. Later it will be accessible to the greater public for a couple of days/weeks. (See attachment)

The so-called “Universo Ferrari” will be a type of exhibition where clients will have the opportunity to see all of the new models (SF90, F8, SP38) and more importantly will witness the presentation of the 812 Aperta...

It has also been said that the car will not be limited. The answer is, we simply don’t know yet. It was repeatedly mentioned that the car will have a smaller production time, hence will be reduced to a lower volume of manufactured units... Making it interesting for collectors.

It is logical to see that Ferrari is implementing a new startegy with not releasing/announcing exact numbers of units to avoid pre-purchase business deals on VS models... We’ve seen this change in the V8 segment:

Scuderia 16M (499 units)
    458 Speciale Aperta (499 units)
    488 Pista Spider (not mentioned)

I stronlgy believe that the 488 Pista Spider will be strictly limited and the number will be annouced once production has finished and the same will go for the 812 Aperta. Possibly more than 499 but definitely less than 1000 units worldwide.

The 812 Aperta will NOT be the direct F12 TDF successor. I think that a project like that will be presented later on in 2020/21. The question there is how limited will that be and will it still be naturally aspirated...

It is certainly everyones goal to get hands on the last and final ever V12 naturally aspirated VS model...

Only they know and everything else is purely speculative. I think the 812 Aperta will be an interesting car...

See you guys in Maranello in September.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and Art_collector like this.
  9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    https://www.ferrari.com/en-GB/articles/universo-ferrari

The Maranello event will take place in September 2019 for clients and the wider public

The month of September this year will see an exceptional event taking place in Ferrari’s hometown of Maranello, Italy. Universo Ferrari will be the first ever exhibition dedicated to the world of Ferrari that will also include public viewing days.

Ferrari reserves exclusive opportunities for its international clientele to see its latest models in private viewings and Universo Ferrari will open this possibility up to fans and enthusiasts of the marque for the first time.

Situated in a structure constructed specifically for this event near the Ferrari factory, Universo Ferrari will feature areas covering all aspects of the company’s activities, from classic cars to racing, as well as the current model line up.

Of special interest to visitors will be the chance to see the SF90 Stradale - Ferrari’s new series-production supercar hybrid - on its European premiere, a rare occasion for the public to take a closer look at the latest Ferrari outside an international motor show.

More information on the event and how to participate will be made available shortly on www.ferrari.com

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017

Please share links, I can't see pictures. thx····

11. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    Has anybody a confirmed written 812 Spider order from the dealer? I have only a invitation for 04.09.2019

12. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    I have a written order for the 812 limited Edition (spider). But it didn’t pay a deposit to my dealer yet, therefore I have to wait until the car is released.

Sushistar likes this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think Ferrari is fairly concerned with keeping the greater high end comunity happy. There will be a lot of dissatisfied high profile clients if they go that route.
    My guess is that they will find a way to increase performance perhaps with ITB/DFI. The world is smaller than ever, and clients won't sit idle by while only a segregated segment gets VS cars. They will also have to deal with this when the LaF replacement is due - and time for that is short.
    It makes a lot of sense that Ferrari will concentrate their forces so they get the most value for their r&d.
    Why build some cars with and some cars without GPF? Isn't it a lot more efficient from a business standpoint to unify the market? I think it is, and Ferrari is a business with shareholders.
    My money is on an 812 VS with GPF, and Ferrari will find a way.

As for the GTO name? I'm not saying they can't. But why would they? They used it fairly recently, and they like to bring back old names. I think they would also be concerned by using it too much. It is a special moniker after a.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Deposit backed letter of intent is in, refundable, but under English law you can’t make a contract for something unclear and where no price is agreed. It is void for lack of contractual certainty. I think in the UK decent customers will get a car eg 599, F12, GTC and 812 buyers.

For all the bluster £475k OTR say for a non LE will shake out a lot of flaky potential buyers.

15. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    See above

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Certainly will be interesting, I wonder though if the car will be a production car or a car limited by production time...

The real question is at what point does the Ferrari range become too broad, too many variants.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    Same here in Germany. I made a pre-order contract with 20.000 Euro deposit, but was not on the first list from Ferrari :-( So I hope my dealer could arrange anything for me. I got an invitation for the 04.09.2019 in Maranello at 13.30 until 18.00 time for preview.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    No disagreement, just putting out some possibilities. Great points! :)

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  19. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Enjoy and good luck

Sushistar likes this.
  20. sidewalk

sidewalk Rookie

Oct 6, 2018
    Ontario/New York
    Full Name:
    SM
    635CSI, Actualizer and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  21. sidewalk

sidewalk Rookie

Oct 6, 2018
    Ontario/New York
    Full Name:
    SM
  22. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Not a chance. Marcel Massini already said it will have the same folding top as the Portofino.

23. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    That's not correct, the roof design and mechanism is very similar to the 488 Spider.

DRYHOLE, Doug23, Il Co-Pilota and 6 others like this.
  24. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Will there be a further model iteration based on 812 before production stops ? People suggesting a lightweight/super sports TDF/GTO type car.

25. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    That is hideous, and as mentioned in the other thread—not likely.

Shack and klinkman like this.