Your 355/348 mods | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Your 355/348 mods

Discussion in '348/355' started by Nikki Sixx, Oct 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

The Motons are infinitely adjustable and changing the pressure is like changing springs. Challenge wheels really make a huge difference in handling because they are so light. I had HRE wheels and they were so heavy compared to the Challenge wheels that I sold them. Stoptech brakes are no comparison to stock. If I had a stock F355 I would improve the suspension and the brakes and accept the power for what it is. Concentrate on making it fantastic handling and braking car. Love to take it on a California canyon road.

MAD828 likes this.
  2. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    ^ You should post some pics :)

3. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ladies & gentlemen, we have a winner! But there are even more for the eagle eyed (which I won’t mention). More on what Robb spotted: no air bags, F40 big brakes, and indented fenders with oem shields.

4. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

5. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Motions are the best. What valving/springs did you use? I was considering this with the BOSCH clubsport ABS.

You have a "correct" exhaust also love it :)

6. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Springs are stock although I think they are too light. Might increase pressure in front canisters. Increase of 10lbs of pressure is equivalent to increase 30 Lbs of springs. Car handles well now so might just leave alone.

SoCal1 likes this.
  7. V12Lyfe

V12Lyfe Rookie

May 30, 2018
    Orange County, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That is incredible. You definitely got some of the rare pieces. Enjoy them. Unfortunately I can’t get a hold of them so I skipped for other carbon pieces and just refinish the sticky. Call that a day. Lol

8. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Image Unavailable, Please Login The Scud Ing tail light assemblyand harness replaces the stock assembly . They plug right into existing harness. LED bulbs are incredibly bright red not like the stock orangish bulb. The third brake light is also LED and is programmable to flash when initially braking, the speed of flashing, the number of flashes, and the interval that it will flash between brake applications.
    The reverse light is also LED. When your lights are on, all four lights are on not just two. When you brake all four lamps get brighter.

308 GTB likes this.
  9. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Agreed, on the street is way different then the track. Soft on the street always wins with great dampening much like desert racing.
    I remember Jackie Stewart was hired to tune the mustangs back in the 80s, in the rain the car was horrible took out sway bar size and went to softer bushings, spring rates to get it to handle on bumpy wet roads and still did great on dry. A much nicer setup all the way around. He did magic I will never forget.

Know your use he said in the funny accent

10. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    #89 Jackie and bill, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019

Attached Files:

MAD828, F355Bob and A348W like this.
  11. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Crazy build... I've seen a few 348 with the 355 6spd; I wonder how easy of a swap it is.

12. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Andy still has that fire breathing beast.

13. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    It's not easy. Bunch of modifications needed.