A-bomb test photos | FerrariChat

A-bomb test photos

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TestShoot, Jul 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    So I have my dad convinced to retire to Summerlin/RR and I thought it would be pretty neat to get some large scale prints of the tests off in the desert. It is one of thoise things that if you know where to get some, you might be able to help, but if you are like me trying Google, it is not so easy to buy prints.

On July 19, 1957, five men stood at Ground Zero of an atomic test that was being conducted at the Nevada Test Site.
    The five volunteers were: Colonel Sidney Bruce Lt. Colonel Frank P. Ball (technical advisor to the Steve Canyon tv show) Major Norman "Bodie" Bodinger Major John Hughes Don Lutrel and George Yoshitake, the cameraman (who wasn't a volunteer, he found out what he was doing that morning!)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Edit: Wanted to mention the testing museum was not helpful.

3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Test Shoot. Disappointing about the Museum. I really enjoyed it and recommend it to first or second time visitors to LAS. When one reads accurately researched articles in Area 51 Groom Lake et. al from the 1940's onward, and then all of the info about our Atomic testing programs, I reached one conclusion: It's a miracle we are still alive.

TestShoot likes this.
  4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    The museum is fun, and if you can take the bus tour to the test site, do it! I really like the non-strip stuff in Vegas after working there for a year.

This site has some prints, I might buy a few, but not all the really cool ones I want. https://fineartamerica.com/art/atomic+test